Old Stevens Double

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by phlmorgan, Aug 29, 2006.

1. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

I have an old Stevens 12 Ga Double that I cannot find out what model it is. No serial #'s to be found.

Bought from a pawn shop some years ago for $300.00. only markings on gun are a EN and a circled D. This is on all pieces(wood included). It has what appears to be a machined scroll on the reciever casing. it does not appear to be hand done, the right side is slightly off center. Left side has Stevens engraved above and forward of the scroll.

Is this a 311? Did Stevens not put serial numbers or models on their guns? It has plus wood with hand checkering and the machined scroll work on the reciever (with beatiful case hardening) makes this gun look alot better than any model 311 I have ever seen. It is chambered in 2 3/4 Proof Tested 12 GA and only other info is J Stevens Arms Company, Chicapee Falls Mass USA,

Any help ID'ing this gun and an approximate value would be appreciated.
  2. jubilblu

jubilblu New Member

Have an old j stevens A&t co I looked up. Try Guns Illustrated 2005.
    J stevens production 1864-1888. j stevens A&t co (arms & tool)
    1888-1920. Then purchased by Savage Arms. Can you post pic's
    would help. like box lock or side lock?