1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

old SxS shotgun info. help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by hunting-1, Dec 19, 2009.

1. hunting-1

hunting-1 New Member

I have a 12 ga. 30'' full&full side-by-side that i'm looking for info on an what it may be worth? It has what looks like Eaders Rogal on left side of box in what looks like wavey lines from top to bottem .pat'd Feb.7 1911 with sn of 19672 punched inside of box[below firing pins] It has double triggers with thumb slide safety.small area of lite checkering on pistal grip. Forarm very small with extream lite checkering on it with match-n 19672 # on it...Barlls are kinda brown in color ,not rust nar but not old blued ? Stamped on top of both barlls is ROYAL STEEL ..Bottem has W&R on both sides & match-n 19672 # on it .Anything i have found on the web with a photo of ,don't look anything like the gun i have...i have even tryed Faders Royal .the engraving of name is in good shape. just can't make out '''OLD england looking written. thanks for anyones help. ""hunting-1""
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

from your description of the checkering i would guess the stock to be refninished.
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Try ENDERS ROYAL, a trade name on guns made for sale by hardware stores, one source says by Crescent Firearms, another by Fulton.
  4. hunting-1

hunting-1 New Member

thanks on reply. wood is very dark [inside forarm& under plate. don't realy looks redone ,but could have been . thanks again