old timer update.

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by talley, Apr 23, 2007.

1. talley

talley New Member

Just a few lines to update you .....

Let see we moved to Ga. the Columbus area for 6 mos. Moved back missed all of our friends.

Went to the V.A. due to taking an early out of my old job. getting some help from v.a. due to diebetes type 2 got some other issues that they are looking at.

Grandson is almost 11 now so last year I started cutting grass at the fields 3 in all, built four dugouts last year. Keeps me busy. Plus got a part time job with the schools. Little league ......

Still riding motorcycles and having fun.

I just got high speed internet so I finaly found the old site and can't wait to catch up with all of you.

We hope to get a 5th wheel and do to trips in the near future.

Well I got to go and read some more post.
  2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Thanks for the update Barry---speaking of motor cycles, son Tim used to ride dirt bikes over in California---always SUZUKI --sent him to the school of moto-cross down at Carlsbad, Ca. when he was 15 and was riding SUZUKI 100's at the time ----almost every weekend he would compete down at Indian Dunes ----got a lot of trophies to show for his efforts and skills---he eventually moved up to the 125 cc and finally to the 250. His current hobby is restoring and selling old SUZUKI ---he is very good and makes a buck or three---last one he restored will eventually wind up in Japan--one previous went to England----I believe if you wanted to see his work it is posted on E-Bay....Do you know of any old stashed away SUZUKI dirt bikes? Hey Berto, you are a biker---same question for you---do you know of any? Chief
  3. SixTGunr

SixTGunr New Member

Sounds like me ...;)

Barry ... Hope you will have better luck than I over past 10 years with those folks they call the VA ...

Have you filed a claim for compensation ..??

Six
  4. talley

talley New Member

Six yes I did file a claim and after much paper work I get 225.00 a month.
    they don't make it easy but if you get a good rep. it helps. I happen to know the man in charge of Illinois v.a. and he gave the name of his rep. I think that helped. He works at a clinic thats only 10 miles from my house.
  5. JD

JD *VMBB Admin*

Great to hear of that, Barry.... Good on ya!

JD