Old woman shoots thug dead with NAA Mini Revolver

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Palmetto, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

I was reading in either Combat Handguns or American Rifleman about an elderly lady that purchased a .22 caliber mini revolver to defend herself against a drug dealer thug in her neighborhood.

The article said that she picked out the gun at the local pawn shop and was walking home when she was attacked. She drew the gun and fired at the thug hitting him in the head and killing him. She said later that she was aiming for his chest.

I firmly believe that any gun is better than no gun.
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

God Bless her. I just hope the DA doesn't charge her with murder or carrying a concealed weapon.
  3. warriflefan

warriflefan New Member

I know a Marine that once told me "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". I guess there's one less piece of trash on the streets!
  4. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

I really trully wish I could have seen the look on his face or could have read his little pea brain when he saw the flash. :eek::confused::yikes:

:AR15firing::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
  5. The Duke

The Duke New Member

I hope he lived long enough to realize he'd just been shot by a little old lady..
  6. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

With out a doubt I would have to agree. Any gun is better than nothing at all, even a little .22.
  7. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Sounds like it may have beeb a rohm
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I always laugh when I hear people say a 22 wont stop someone. I used to kill hogs in a pen with 22 shorts with one shot every time.
  9. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

After all is said and done it just goes to show that the best caliber to have is one that you can hit what your aiming at. The .22 cal. is easy to carry and with most altercations being within a few feet they can work just fine. So, with yours or your loved ones life on the line can you really afford to miss?
  10. vytoland

vytoland New Member

always like to hear a bit of gooood news.
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ALRIGHT
  12. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

I want to buy a new gun. I am on Social Security and maybe can't afford the Cadillac's. And as long as the weapon can consistently operate it is then up to my aim and then the type of bullet that does the finishing work. When I was in Military Service I was always able to fire "Expert" with the rifle or the handguns, but, that was many years ago. I am now very proficient with a .22 LR. And I can afford the ammo to practice with. Also, my eyesight isn't what it used to be. But, I can quickly point and shoot a number of .22lr rounds very accurately.
    I have recently got the bug to want to carry concealed and have asked alot of questions about what caliber I should be looking into. I really believe in close quarters a small gun is easier to handle and reduces the risk that someone can take it away from you (I attribute this to combat in Vietnam). I have been waffling from .22 lr, 22 Mag, .32, .380 acp, and .38 special. They are all fine weapons and calibers.
    I do believe in the double, triple tap, or once you get going just empty the magazine at your target. But, I do believe (as so many of you folks have suggested), "you gotta hit what your aiming at". So, here I am, looking at all the on-line gun actions and retail suppliers looking for the best concealed pistol in a .22 caliber.
    So the search goes on....
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  13. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

If you are looking for a .380 or a 9mm check out CDNN.com. They have an excellent price on Kel-Tec pistols in those calibers. for around $200 to $230 and those are excellent little concealed carry pistols. they also have some good prices on small .38 special revolvers if you're so inclined.
  14. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

Thank you for the info. I will check it out.
  15. gcalloway

gcalloway New Member

I am happy that the .22 worked out for the lady. If she had hit the chest where she was aiming it might not have been as effective as quickly. I sometimes carry my .22WMF NAA but usually not by its self. It works well on snakes in your deer blind, I know. It was nice to put a small hole in the bottom of the blind instead of blowing the bottom out with a big gun.