Older Dillon Press Questions????

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by jlloyd73, May 19, 2012.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I have been lucky to run into some local reloaders that have been extremely helpful to me. I have been to their houses, seen their process of reloading, and they have answered many of my questions....from reloading to casting bullets and everything in between.

One gentleman that I have been doing trades and stuff with went to an auction last weekend and bought a bunch of stuff for $100 or so, the lot had dies, bullets, brass, presses, several types of case trimmers, the list goes on and on. He only bought the lot because it had a $300 electric case trimmer that he really wanted.One of the items he acquired was a older Dillon press that took square deal dies, it is currently set up for 45acp. He said it was maybe from the 80s and did not auto index???(Also the primers had to be or could be put in my hand like you can do on the basic Lee presses...not the drop tube design)

Is there any information you guys can give me about this older model because I am not having luck with it on the internet.....I can only find info in the new model.

The reason I am asking is because he said he is going to clean it up and repair it because a few things are missing. Then he was going to make me a great deal on it......(from other run ins with him, when he says that he means an incredible deal.......like a crazy deal). He sold me a brand new box of 1K cast 45 bullets for $20....because he didn't use them.

So, what would be a reasonable cost for it? And where can I find info on this, maybe even an old users manual?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

Do an image search for the Dillon RL-300; that is probably what you saw. The only other OOP press they made was the RL1000, which was the predecessor of the RL1050.
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You might just call Dillon direct at 800-223-4570. I bet they can answer any questions.
  5. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I found out the press is a RL 450 jr. He is going to sell it for $40. It is totally set up to do 45acp. I sent Dillon an e-mail asking for a owners manual.......got a email the next day saying they were sending it via the mail........they didn't ask questions, just sent it. Seems like they are a great company.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012