Oldest reloading tools.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by army mp, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Smely

Smely New Member

I have just acquired a Texan H3 301 exactly like Freebore's. (Well sort of, mines in pretty bad shape) I'm going to try and restore it but am having trouble getting the lower torsion cylinder that attaches to the pull arm to come out (Freebore you have mail).
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

just scored a Super Simplex

a Aussie licensed clone of a rock chucker , its in the oil bath at the moment , its ok but rats made a nest in the box over the years its from 1963-4

heres the box

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

I have never seen a Simplex, so am looking forward to seeing pictures.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  4. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

The Laymans is one that i picked up at a gun show for $35.00 and restored it.I also have the 7/8-14 thread adapter plate for it as well. The Pacific i just bought from my grandfathers estate. Going to keep it just the way it is. I only have the 2 shell holder for it 30/06 and 45/70.

Attached Files:

5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

about two weeks if the weathers fine , if not , sooner ;)
  6. bobnoffs

bobnoffs New Member

in about 1965 i bought a caSE TRIMMER for my 22-250. it was from ''zimmerman''. it still works and only cost a few bucks. still hase the cardboard shipping box it came in. anyone have a case trimmer like this?
    bob noffs
  7. korny351

korny351 New Member

Still using my RCBS Rockchucker (stamped '73) and Ohaus 10-10 beam scale that I first started with back in '73 or '74. Looking forward to bringing my Ohaus Duo-Measure back online as well. The powder reservoir broke during a move and I've been unable to find a factory replacement. Took an empty bottle of Propel flavored water and removed the threading on the neck. It actually fits better than the original plastic reservoir. Cut a hole in the bottom and fitted a stopper. Haven't tried it out yet. Hoping that the plastic in the bottle doesn't create a major static issue.