1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Olympic ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by TheGunClinger, Feb 16, 2010.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was just watching the Olympics where they do cross country skiing and then shoot at targets with those cool .22 rifles. Anyone know what ammo they use? I cant imagine that it would be off the shelf stuff. I am thinking that they all have to use Olympic issue bullets but I'd like to know what it is that they use.
  2. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Biathlon Canada welcomes Lapua ammunition to help Canadian biathlon athletes take aim at international podium

Ottawa, May 26, 2005

Biathlon Canada is pleased to announce a two-year partnership with Lapua Ammunition, a high end ammunition company based in Finland. Lapua will become the official supplier of training and competition ammunition to the national biathlon teams at all levels and will be supplied to the Canadian team through Nova Scotia based supplier Hirsch Precision. The partnership is worth almost $35,000 over the two year period and will allow all athletes on the national teams to train with top end ammunition throughout the entire year.

"We are extremely pleased to have Lapua as a partner on board with our teams for the next two seasons," said Joanne Thomson, Executive Director for Biathlon Canada. "This company has been a leader in ammunition products for a long time and our athletes have been using their products for many years. It is great that Lapua sees the value in having all team members using their ammunition for the sport of Biathlon."

In the sport of Biathlon, it is critical that athletes use high level ammunition for their training as well as their competition. In a sport where every shot means seconds saved or lost, highly accurate ammunition is a must. Training with proper ammunition also allows the athletes to have a true benchmark of their skills on the range without the factor of poor equipment added in, allowing both the coach and the athlete to perform at their best.

Lapua will lead the team into and through the 2006 Olympic Winter Games in Torino, Italy and is supporting future Olympians towards the podium in 2010 in Vancouver. This winter, the Youth Men and Junior Men's relay teams won silver and bronze medals respectively at the World Youth and Junior Championships held in Kontiolahti, Finland. These young athletes will be back with Lapua's support, to defend those titles again as they work their way to Olympic qualification.

Biathlon Canada, the governing body for biathlon in the country, oversees the Canadian Championships, Eastern and Western Canadian Championships, and Canada Cup. The organization's mandate is to provide national level programs for the continuous development of biathlon athletes from the grassroots to the elite level. For more information on Biathlon Canada, please visit their web site at www.biathloncanada.ca
  3. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Here's more...

FOR SALE: MISCELLANEOUS SHOOTING EQUIPMENT
    Friday, October 2, 2009
    Contact: Jessica (250) 656 1773, e: jess_sedlock@hotmail.com

Photos available upon request

Brand New Anschutz stock- used less than a year, price negotiable; feel free to call if interested

Rifle Scope
    $200

Rifle Case, holds two rifles
    $100

Super Club Ammunition
    $ 49/brick

R100, high quality race ammunition- great alternative to polar as the price of polar has gone up 40% this year

CALL ME ON THIS OFFER, I AM WILLING TO SHIP TO YOU AS I HAVE NO NEED FOR HIGH QUALITY AMMO ANYMORE
  4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the info! I wonder where you can buy Lapua as I have never seen it anywhere.
  5. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Any dealer should be able to get you some. It's more expensive and more of a specialized ammo so few actually stock it. Midway also has it I believe.
  6. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I visited the biathlon center at Lake Placid in the 1980's. IIRC the ammo they were using then was made by Eley in England.
  7. strawboss

strawboss New Member