1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Olympic Arms 40 S&W Upper, Quality?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by BulletArc47, Nov 15, 2012.

1. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Hello all,

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with the Olympic Arms 40 S&W upper; is it reliable, durable, ext? I'v read that Olympic Arms are bottom rung products from lurking around Ar-15.com, but i can't sure if that is just AR snobbery or internet hearsay.

Any experience would extremely appreciated,

Thank You. :D
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

First of all allow me say welcome to The Firearms Forum. I haven never owned an Olympic arms but I don't see where they would be any different than any other makers. I have not seen any difference in the quality of the uppers (or lowers, for that matter) in any that I have owned.
  3. HAGEN442

HAGEN442 New Member

Been shooting a Old Olympic 45 ACP upper for years.
    No Issues
    Note: I got it from a buddy who bought it used.
    Excellent Upper
    Hagen
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I love their stuff, used their upper on my last deployment with only one jam the whole time in 9 months, not to mention the last 5 years of shooting it. (ammo, not the gun I think)

They are a local company, drive past them every week and maybe I'm a bit biased, but they have quality guns IMO. You could do far worse than Oly arms.

I would buy more of their stuff but they are frequently out of stock or backordered, they do a heck of a business here.
  5. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Thanks for the replies y'all :cool:. Good to get info that isn't saturated in biased opinions.