Olympic Arms 40 S&W Upper, Quality?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by BulletArc47, Nov 15, 2012.

1. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Hello all,

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with the Olympic Arms 40 S&W upper; is it reliable, durable, ext? I'v read that Olympic Arms are bottom rung products from lurking around Ar-15.com, but i can't sure if that is just AR snobbery or internet hearsay.

Any experience would extremely appreciated,

Thank You. :D
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

First of all allow me say welcome to The Firearms Forum. I haven never owned an Olympic arms but I don't see where they would be any different than any other makers. I have not seen any difference in the quality of the uppers (or lowers, for that matter) in any that I have owned.
  3. HAGEN442

HAGEN442 New Member

Been shooting a Old Olympic 45 ACP upper for years.
    No Issues
    Note: I got it from a buddy who bought it used.
    Excellent Upper
    Hagen
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I love their stuff, used their upper on my last deployment with only one jam the whole time in 9 months, not to mention the last 5 years of shooting it. (ammo, not the gun I think)

They are a local company, drive past them every week and maybe I'm a bit biased, but they have quality guns IMO. You could do far worse than Oly arms.

I would buy more of their stuff but they are frequently out of stock or backordered, they do a heck of a business here.
  5. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Thanks for the replies y'all :cool:. Good to get info that isn't saturated in biased opinions.