Olympics in Chicago

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mrkirker, Sep 30, 2009.

?

Proper for First Lady to lobby for Chicago?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2009.
  1. Yes, nothing wrong with pulling out all the stops to land the event!

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. No, unseemly!

29 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. Don't really care. Just glad they're outta the country!

23 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

What are your thoughts?
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  3. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Like Lori Mick states - it is payback - nothing more, nothing less. You would think the President would have more important things on his agenda then he and his wife going to gain support for the Chicago Olympics. With the corruption in Chicago the events before and after the actually Olympics would be the real sporting events.
  4. kingchip

kingchip New Member

She has no class and serves no ligitimate function here, so who cares. Now our exhalted leader has more important things to do, but then again maybe not. I can think of nothing on his plate that I want him to get done, so maybe it's better.
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Hosting the games is a big money loss for most cities ,new venues, roads and so on.
  6. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

His resignation speech. :D
  7. kingchip

kingchip New Member

I stand so humbly corrected.

Can I change my vote? Didn't know that they went to Germany in his and hers AF-1's. Arrogant Azzes.
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Maybe they can have some new events in the Chicago Olympics. Running from dopers. Running from gangbangers. Running from corrupt politicians. Unarmed combat against an armed criminal. Avoiding the massive increase in gov't and police presence during the games.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Please tell me you are joking.
  10. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

And for obama and hs friends. Watch beck, he explained the connections today.
  11. artabr

artabr New Member

He ain't joking. Ms. Obozo landed in Denmark this morning in Air Force 2 (a Boeing 757).
    Mr. Obozo will show up on Friday on Air Force 1. :mad:

Art

12. cjh7819

cjh7819 New Member

The good thing that they are both far away from the U.S. for a little while.(where they both should be forever). The bad thing is he'll probably just be getting pointers on how to tear down the country even further.

Oh yeah and If the Olympics are there I might just make the 4-5 hour drive to watch the wrestling. That would be the only plus I could see.
  13. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

Who wants to visit a gun free city where more folks are shot per month than either current battelfield.
  14. swiftman

swiftman Member

My state is already in debt, just what I need to pay more Taxes to pay for a party in Chicago.
  15. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Chicago, thats the best we can do? One of the most crime riddled cities in the country. Yea pres, lets show the world just how screwed up "your city" really is.