On my way to vote....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, May 6, 2008.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Sorry, Rush, I can't take part in "Operation Chaos," I have to vote for a former State Senator that's running again for State Senate, a real "Reagan Conservative," when she was in last time, and later singlehandedly pushed the lying Liberal Lee Hamilton into retirement from the US Congress in the late 90s early 2000s when she ran against him, but didn't win. She WOULD have beat him the last time except for the dead people that voted in Evansville...but within weeks of "winning" he announced his retirement....:cool:

Plus I have to keep Mike Pence in office, he's going to BE the next Reagan running for President someday....;)

Keep your eye on CONGRESS, as well as State and local elections, make sure we have a good "bench" for Conservatives.

Don't know if I can bring myself to vote for McCain (yet), my wife already voted and called me to tell me all the other Republican candidates are still on the ballot, so I may have a "protest vote" anyway....
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. 17thfabn

17thfabn Member

Welcome back Polish!

Welcome back Polish! :):):) Many here were worried by your absence, but I knew it was your busy time of the year!

As a conservative it is hard enough to vote for Senator McCain, but I can't believe any one would vote for Senators Clinton or Obama.

And as you say in many states there are other races on the ballot, so if you followed Limbaughs commands you would not be able to vote for other people on your Republican ballot.

I was very surprised by how narrow Senator Clinton's win was in Indiana. After the so called "reverend" Wright fiasco I couldn't believe any moderate or conservative christian democrat would vote for Senator Obama. I guess there aren't many moderate or conservative democrats left. Most of them have either gone republican, or dropped all pary affiliation.
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Polish,

Rush was on the air today claiming a victory for his "operation" what do you hear in Indiana? Kirk
  4. polishshooter

It was really kind of funny.:p

My wife voted on her way to work, shortly after the polls opened, and she called me and told me she was #52, there were about 20 or so names on the second page she signed on, and she was the ONLY Republican on that page!

I checked in, and when the first woman checked my ID, she then asked me "Democrat or Republican?" (We have an "open" primary, you can declare any, or even "Just School Board" if you want, and they put the proper ballot on the screen in the booth.)

I said, "I would LOVE to say Democrat just to screw with them and vote for Hillary, but I have to vote for someone on the Republican Ticket." (A former Reagan Conservative State Senator I had is running for her seat again, and she was in a primary battle that was getting dirty....she was the one that drove "Lyin' Lee" Hamilton into retirement in 1996 and 1998 by giving him the biggest fight he had in 30 years, after his last "victory" by less than 100 votes he announced it was his last term...:cool: I HAD to support her! )

This lady then gave me the little Gold card with the big black "R" on it. ANOTHER reason I couldn't ever vote Democrat is the card with the 'D" on it is hot PINK!:eek: Which if you think about it, is kinda fitting!:p;):D:D:D

But when I said what I said, the lady looked at me kind of shocked, but the second lady in line checking signatures against the book laughed out loud, which made the first lady laugh nervously, so I figured the first lady was a Democrat, and the second lady was a Republican...;) It was a close call, since most Democrats have such a sour demeanor you can spot them a mile away, but she wasn't that bad, just a little frown all the time:p

When the second lady was checking my signature against the book, I told her how happy I was the Supremes ruled our "Voter ID Law" was Constitutional, and she quickly said, "Oh so am I , EVERY state should require that! Now it's not so bad here where we know just about everybody, but it's good in the Cities where they CHEAT!" (Confirmation: REPUBLICAN, and not ONLY because she was cheerful and smiling.;):D)

The third lady checking me against her book was a dour old lady that looked like she had a piece of lime or habanero pepper stuck under her dentures, probably because she saw my 'R" card, no mistaking a "Cradle to grave" Democrat!;) I said nothing to her except spelling my name for like the fourteenth time! :( They aren't too quick on the uptake either, those Democrats....;)

But the fourth lady at the end of the line directing people to the next available booth, was smiling and pleasant, so I asked her if they had been busy, and she said yes, then I asked her was there more Democrats voting or Republicans....:cool:

She got a gleam in her eye and said, "Oh by far we have had WAY more Democrats than Republicans, which is kind of interesting, since this precinct is predominantly REPUBLICAN!"

I then said "Ah yes, "Operation Chaos!" and she burst out LAUGHING! (The dour little old lady almost choked on her dentures though....;))

I then went for broke, and said loud enough for anyone to hear..."I don't mind
    screwing with the Democrats, they screwed with us so we got McCain..."

She readily agreed (Confirming can I tell Republicans from Democrats or WHAT!:p:D:D) but then said "You know I have been reading a lot more on McCain recently and I am starting to get more comfortable with him...."

And then it was my time to vote. (And get my "I Voted!" sticker...;):))

I am not YET ready to vote for McCain, so I voted for Mitt Romney. Huckabee, Paul and Romney were also on the ticket, besides McCain.

I voted for my State Senator (Who won big, so I COULD have done the "Operation Chaos" thing, but then I would still probably be in the shower trying to wash off that "dirty" feeling yet....:p)

The results in tonight's paper showed over 300 people cast Democrat ballots in my precinct, and Hillary won. Only 66 people voted Republican.

In the General, there is usually about 500 people voting in the precinct, and Republicans usually win 80% of the time.

So I would have to agree with Rush, and if what happened in my precinct happened all over the state, I believe Hillary only WON Indiana BECAUSE of "Operation Chaos!"

As it was, the votes still aren't all in, and it looks like she won by just a little over 1%.;)

I would have been upset with myself if the Closet Marxist had won, for not switching and voting for Billary, though.

Keep her in the race until the convention, at ALL costs!;)
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Polish,

Rush was saying that hillary won by 5% and that she recieved by operation chaos a grand total of 7% sooooo she actually lost by 2%, and the race would have been won. He was a pretty happy guy on his show today. And it looks like a fight to July and beyond for the Dem's. I really hope McCain does a good job in choosing a running mate. Who should he choose...... Romney perhaps? Kirk
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great explanation on how to tell a D from a R J Very funny, and it’s good to see your little tank thing again J
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I voted absentee over 2 weeks ago, and I'm still taking extra showers all the time. Once I even bleached my entire body (excepting a certain part, but that certainly will NEVER have anything to do Hillary:eek:).
  8. polishshooter

I am hoping and PRAYING he chooses my Congressman, Mike Pence.

Rumor has it he is on McCain's "long List," but I think that's only a hedge if Hillary wins, because she will probably choose my (gag) Senator, Evan "Son of a Birch" Bayh, at which time McCain takes Pence to "offset" Indiana.

Pence I hope runs for President someday. He is ABSOLUTELY a straight shooting Reagan Republican that's still young. The Dems keep throwing Liberals at him and he minces no words, SMALL Government, LOWER Taxes, LESS Spending,Pro-Life, Pro-gun, the WORKS.

If McCain picks him, and WINS, McCain will probably be too old to run again, and Pence could run in 2012. If not he will still be in his 60s in 2016.

If not Pence, I would like McCain to pick J.C.Watts. Watts is a GREAT Conservative that is many more times smarter and EXPERIENCED than Obama too, and would show America that Black Republicans get picked because they are QUALIFIED, not because of the color of their skin or whether they attend a "trendy" church that gives them "street cred.":cool::cool:

And that State Senator I supported would PROBABLY run in the special election for Pence's seat if he got picked, so there is more to just that race than supporting her.

We HAVE to "keep the bench" strong, and elect CONSERVATIVES to state and local spots as well as national, THEY are our future.

And remember, ALL politics is LOCAL.
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  9. polishshooter

And Marlin T, my "Little Tank Thing" just HAPPENS to be an M4A3 "Easy Eight" parked just outside the Patton Museum at Ft. Knox.:mad::p

I was GOING to make my Avitar my picture of the actual Ft Knox Gold Depository, that I shot just before my wife pointed out the large sign on the fence "No Pictures under Penalty Of Law!":eek:

The black van that has been parked just around the corner since October with all the antennas and dark windows I'm SURE has nothing to do with it...:cool::p:D
  10. artabr

artabr New Member

Polishshooter, thanks for your 8:15 post. It had me in tears.
    PINK tickets! :D :D

I'm in line with your thoughts on J. C. Watts. There was talk of our Gov. Bobby Jindel might be McCains Veep choice but thankfully Bobby shot that down. We need him here bad.
    Anyway thanks for your pole story, It was a fun one. :D :D

Art