On Sigs, Glocks & CZs

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

KimberRuger
    (9/16/01 2:23:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All On Sigs, Glocks & CZs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, call me paranoid.

With everything else I have, I suddenly felt the "need" to have a 9mm ........

About the only criteria I had was that it be a reliable firearm, that it be reasonably compact, and that it have a higher capapcity them my Kimber Compact.

I went to the local gun center and eliminated the cheap (Firestorm and the like), the limited capacity (most notably KAR), the "too big/long" (Sorry T, which eliminate the Berretta), and the few I found with safeties that functioned opposite my Kimber (S&W). I also eliminated the Taurus and Ruger models for reasons tha I don't recall at this moment.

It came down to a new Glock 19 (?), a new CZ 85, and a used Sig 228. The Sig was owned by one of the employees at the gun store (who just happens to certified by Sig).

In my hand, the CZ actually felt the most comfortable, but it didn't have "snag free" sights. It also lacked a higher than 10 round mag.

The Glock was priced at $531 and was a bare bones model, with only a 10 round mag.

The Sig has a "tweaked" trigger (reaaaalllll smooth), Trijicon night sights and comes with two 13 round mags.

13 round mags for the Glock were $80 each.

Considering the additional money for nightsights (at least $100), plus the cost of two 13 round mags ($160), cost-wise, I fugured the Sig was the way to go.

Soooooo, feeling that "need" to add "just one more" to the collection that I'm sure we've all felt from time to time, I bought the Sig. As I said, it's used, but in incredible condition. $499.00 and it included the nightsights and two 13 round mags.

Another thought in this process was that if it's good enough for the SEALS, it's good enough for me.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments, suggestions or experiences with SIG ?

Also, should I now change my name to KimberRugerSig ?

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!

Patrick

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/16/01 2:34:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: On Sigs, Glocks & CZs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You made a good choice, I personally like the sig. My 226 & 229 are great shooters.

Zig

p.s. PARANOID??? I just had to have a LAR Grizzly in 45 win. mag. Ya' think it'll make a carry piece? Sure it will

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 9/16/01 3:36:52 pm

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/16/01 2:36:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: On Sigs, Glocks & CZs
    I agree with your choice. I searched for a year and finally paid $525 for my P228. You got a good deal.

KimberRuger
    (9/17/01 8:40:42 am)
    Alright, I made a good choice, and I got a good deal.

Any suggestions on breaking the good news to my wife ? LOL

Patrick

Zigzag2
    (10/26/01 10:01:33 am)
    Patrick, 1st and formost start with " I Love You & She's PRETTY"!

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (10/26/01 9:18:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    On Sigs, Glocks & CZs
    KR - Nice gun.
    Just tell your wife you'll sell it and give me a call. Thanks.
    Charlie D
    Go ahead, think...
    You're patriotic.
    If everyone owned a Sig 9 mm,
    this country would be more stabilized.

JOLLYSAMMY
    (11/24/01 4:00:56 am)
    Great choice. If you need info on how to care and feed your new baby, go to Sig-forum.

But be warned,

With SIGs, you can never be satisfied with just 1.

TallTLynn
    (11/24/01 9:59:48 am)
    Kimber, you might want to start with flowers and then buid up to say something in the regards that it will hold it's value and all.

Congratulations - the sig is a wonderful handgun (I tried the CZ myself as a friend bought one and did not like the overall feel of the gun - but it shot fine). And you are forgiven for not buying a Beretta as they are not for everyone (god knows why I like both of mine but there it is I do).

Maybe you should take her out for a nice dinner - wine and dine her and then sneak it in the house when she isn't looking?

JohnRTal
    (1/5/02 11:19:24 pm)
    Well, first, let me file a disclaimer--I have never shot a Sig or a Glock! In the semi's I have alwsays leaned toward the 1911 and the Browning Hi-power. This past week I delivered to my cousin a brand new CZ75B, 40 S & W, satin nickel finish. He spent about 3 months researching various semi's and trying to shoot as many different models are he possibly could before making up his mind. He finally decided on the CZ75 and I ordered one for him. We both shot approximately a clip each and, FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, I was duly impressed!!!!! The gun you can shoot well is always the best gun for you. There is going to be a CZ75B in my life one of these days. Since I haven't shot a Sig or a Glock, I can voice no opinion but I am certainly listening to what you folks are saying. Just don't discount the Ceska Zbrojovka products, I likes 'um!!!! ol' John in Hondo.