once-fired 9MM brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by rocquenroll, Jul 13, 2011.

1. rocquenroll

rocquenroll New Member

I'm trying to determine a fair price to sell mixed, once-fired 9MM Luger brass.
    Decapped (primer removed), sonic/liquid cleaned, then tumbled. Very clean and bright end product. I have 11,000 casings. Fair price to ask per 1,000?
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, rocquenroll.

I have seen it going for between $35 to $45 (shipped) for once fired 9mm brass.
  3. X Ring

X Ring Member

$39.95/k shipped is what I recently paid after much shopping around.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

same here.. I gave a local range scrounger 40 bucks flat for 1000 mixed cases of clean 9mm.
  5. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

I paid $20.00/1000 from yankee2500. his brass was not cleaned but was nice once fired.
  6. 11B-101ABN

11B-101ABN New Member

What are some of the headstamps? If it is military ( WCC, FC-98, LC, etc) it will have a primer crimp that needs to be removed before it can be reloaded. If it is AMERC, you may have trouble GIVING it away, as a lot of people have had trouble with that headstamp. Commercial brass made in the USA ( RP, WIN, Federal) will be the easiest to sell. There are lots of people selling brass on the net and in publications like Shotgun News asking from $15 to $45 per 1000. Just depends on what you got and how fast you want to get rid of it.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

oh yeah, AMERC is trash. I wouldnt pay scrap price for that stuff cuz thats all its good for.. I dont much care for S&B because its stiff, but it is reloadable. I much prefer Winchester, R-P, Federal, CBC (Magtech), hornady (frontier), CCI, even the Monarch (PPU) brass is good.
  8. 11B-101ABN

11B-101ABN New Member

Yeah...+1 to what JLA said about S&B brass.
    I would add Starline to the list of good ones.
    One note to the seller: in the future, if you want to sell much once fired brass, do NOT clean it, because if you do - you cannot prove it is ONCE fired or 10 times fired. Military brass is easy, because of the primer crimp on everything but Match brass. Most commercial brass has sealer on the primer and bullet making it easier to id as once fired. That and the anealing marks are gone when you clean it.
    Back to pricing...I just got an ad from Wideners selling once fired 9mm for $35.00/1000. They sell an awful lot of it. They had a special a few years back $75.00/5000 but that is probably gone forever.
  9. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

I would NEVER, EVER, in 350 lifetimes pay for once fired 9mm brass. If you don't have the wherewithal to scrounge it out for yourself, you just plain shouldn't be playing this game.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats a bit one sided Joe. And I dont agree.

I can buy once fired 9mm brass if I please. I dont go to public ranges too often having one of my very own and Im too damn lazy to crawl around lookin for brass in a pile of mixed brass, even though I do when the opportunity arises. So my 40 bucks would be well spent to pay someone to send me 1000 cases I didnt have to pilfer around in the hot sun and dirt for.

What you are sayin is kinda like someone like me sayin, "Id never in a million years buy bullets, I cast my own, and if yall are too lazy to take up bullet casting, you shouldnt shoot. Period." Its just silly.
  11. Coveter

Coveter New Member

Just wondering how many cases you still have left and if you have 1000 matching headstamps in any of the lot. I need 1000+ but can't afford more. If you can send me the manufacturer name of the 1000 matching headstamps assuming you have that, if not I could take 500 of 1 headstamp and 500 of another or just send me the amount of each headstamp and I can let you know how many I need of which type of headstamp. My best offer would be $30 because I've been looking around in forums and once fired brass websites and the price is pretty consistent from $30 to $45 shipped for 1000 OFB. Just let me know what's up and we can take it from there, Thanks for your time rocquenroll.
  12. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

You may want to consider trading for some brass that you need. The local shop here trades one for one for brass. I give him brass that I pick up at the range or a different caliber and trade to him for what I need.
  13. Kestral

Kestral Member

Wish I could help you, we dump our 9mm cases in my part of the globe,becaues jkt 9m bullets are so expensive its not viable to reload them.It worksout cheaper to buy new complete Magtech than its componants.Any ammo with lead bullets that we can make ourselves we keep all the cases for them,and that works out well price wise as long as you dont take your time spent into account. On the good side,we do get a good price for the 9mm cases thats scrapped.
  14. mikld

mikld Active Member

Can not agree. I don't go to public ranges anymore, just a couple flat places up in the hills. While these places are used a lot, there's not a lot of reloadable brass to be found on the ground. So according to the above statement since I am not capable of scrounging enough brass I guess I should stop reloading for my 5, .44 Magnums, 1, 357 Magnum, 3, .38 Specials, 2 .45 ACPs, and one each .223 Rem., 30-30, 7.62x54R, .380 ACP, and 9mm? Even when I frequinted ranges in the Los Angeles area (indoor mostly) I wasn't able to scrounge enough brass to keep my guns fed, as many shooters picked up their own brass...

What will I do with the 2500 pieces of brass I have now:confused:, since according to the above anyone who buys brass is a fool...
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  15. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

This is a really old thread guys
  16. mikld

mikld Active Member

Yep, but my opinion hasn't changed in a year...;)
  17. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

zombie thread.. :)
  18. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

This aint burger king.. we dont make it the way you order it.. for what you wanna pay for it.. :)

Oh wait, thinkin out loud again.. Sorry guys.. ;)
  19. JerryLP

JerryLP New Member

Thank you. I had a failure-to-fire at the range today, and inspection of the ejected round revealed a bulged case. I Have been trying to identify cause of bulge (Do I need to buy a Factory Crimp Die?). The headstamp on the jammed round is AMERC. All the other cases I shot today was either WIN or FC.
  20. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Jerry,
    A bit more info and a pic would be helpful.
    What caliber? What gun? Where is the bulge? Where they new or reloads? Who reloaded them? If they are reloads, why waste supplies on AMERC brass? That stuff is scrap bucket fodder.