once-fired 9MM brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by rocquenroll, Jul 13, 2011.

1. mikld

mikld Active Member

Yep, but my opinion hasn't changed in a year...;)
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

zombie thread.. :)
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

This aint burger king.. we dont make it the way you order it.. for what you wanna pay for it.. :)

Oh wait, thinkin out loud again.. Sorry guys.. ;)
  4. JerryLP

JerryLP New Member

Thank you. I had a failure-to-fire at the range today, and inspection of the ejected round revealed a bulged case. I Have been trying to identify cause of bulge (Do I need to buy a Factory Crimp Die?). The headstamp on the jammed round is AMERC. All the other cases I shot today was either WIN or FC.
  5. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Jerry,
    A bit more info and a pic would be helpful.
    What caliber? What gun? Where is the bulge? Where they new or reloads? Who reloaded them? If they are reloads, why waste supplies on AMERC brass? That stuff is scrap bucket fodder.
  6. JerryLP

JerryLP New Member

I'd love to, except, there's no way to browse to the file on my desktop computer, I have to "know" the URL. I don't know the URL (I know what a URL is, but not for the desktop). Why is this task so difficult?
  7. JerryLP

JerryLP New Member

The gun is my XD-9 Tactical 9mm. The bulge was right at the bullet seating depth in the case, as if the bullet was bell-bottomed, or the case was sized too tight (Lee Carbide sizing die). I noticed that all the bullets (Hornady 125 gr HAP) seemed to show on all the cases that I reloaded, but only the AMERC jammed, the rest feed and fired without problem.

As far as why waste material on AMERC brass, simple, I learned. Now I've culled anything that isn't WIN, FC, RP, or even BLAZER. I don't want to discover another lesson with an off-brand case.
  8. soundguy

you should have no problem uploading a file from your desktop to the email. just go to t he advanced posting options, if not already using the advanced editor.... then manage attachments... from there a new manage attachments window opens.. and you can browse and add up to 4 files from your pc.. wherevery they are located. upload them.. close the dialog box.. and then post the message..
  9. JerryLP

JerryLP New Member

Soundguy, sorry I must be exceptionally slow this morning, but what does email have to do with posting a pic on this forum? If there's a "sticky" posting that I should have read before posting, then I'm guilty.
  10. JerryLP

JerryLP New Member

Thank you Soundguy. I can read afterall. Just dumber than dirt.

Attached Files:

11. soundguy

good pic
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012