One dumbass praises another dumbass

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mranum, Apr 11, 2012.

1. mranum

mranum Member

My God, its worse than I thought! :eek:

Vice President Joe Biden described former Saturday Night Live comedian, Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., as a "leading legal scholar," presumably in the Senate, today.

"He has been one of the leading legal scholars," Biden said of Franken today, according to the pool report. He also said that Franken "is deadly serious" as a senator. He made the comments while recalling concerns that then-candidate Franken could not be taken seriously as a Senate candidate given his SNL work.

Franken's comedic spirit got him in trouble on Washington. "This isn't ‘Saturday Night Live,’ Al," Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had to remind the freshman senator after Franken made faces while McConnell spoke during the Supreme Court nomination process for Elena Kagan.

Kagan is now regarded as an able defender of Obamacare, which could be struck after oral arguments last month seemed to indicate that five of the nine justices regard it as unconstitutional.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...biden-al-franken-leading-legal-scholar/475576
  2. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I used to thin Al Franken was mildly amusing. Once he got into politics, I saw him for what he really was, a liberal clown. Clown's are very scary!
  3. Guts3d

Guts3d Active Member

I vaguely remember him from SNL, he was less than stellar. Then he wrote books disparaging Rush, I believe the worst that he came up with was that Rush didn't have a date for the prom.
  4. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

The voters here in Minnesota insist on have an official state clown. The last one we had died in a plane crash (Wellstone), so we elected a new one.:)
  5. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

You also had one elected gov in 1999:rolleyes:
  6. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Yup, Franken is a Clown, but he is not a truly elected Clown. Franken's political victory over Norm Coleman was riddled with voter fraud. I don't recall the exact numbers, but I believe investigators like Bill O'reilly found 44,000 fraudulent Franken votes and and his victory was by less than 16,000 votes.
    BTW those fraudulent votes also voted for Obama.

Speaking of Clowns our present Governor Goofy (Dayton) is a bigger clown than Franken will ever be. He is certified insane and has the papers to prove it.
  7. mranum

mranum Member

So you guys have a Gov who's nuts and a Senator that could only be elected by fraud?

And to think your state seems so quiet and reserved compared to our continual circus east of the river.:rolleyes:
  8. Twicepop

Twicepop Active Member

Al Franken did a "comedy" skit several years ago on SNL that was supposed to be a promotional ad for the Communist Party. The ending remark or quote at the end of the skit was "remember folks, someday you will be Communists also". Comedy or ?????

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't