One for Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JLA, Jul 4, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I also got this one in an Email and loved it. So much im going to have some T shirts made.

Attached Files:

2. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Oh That is cool, but if every state conceds there will be a lot of indentical flags with one star and a blue back ground. Ha!
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

unfortunately for the other 49, TX is the only state in the union that has the right to secede. We just need enough of the state to be on board with the idea to account for the votes to make it happen..
  4. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am a real Texan but don't live there now. I guess that makes me legal to vote.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Plenty of room still here for ya. Maybe if we get the decent half of the country to migrate south to the Peoples Republic of Texas we could push the illegals back to mexico.
  6. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Apparently it is now OK to ignore the Constitution. I think most states are going to ignore the present gov't! I can't wait to see them try to force the states to abide by the health care act. What , something like 26 have already said "screw you!" The Gov't will try to enforce it and the lawsuits will begin again, all the way to the Supreme Court.....again and again and again.......Good Luck, Obummer!:D
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  7. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Sounds good to me, I would like to see Texas secede.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I would too, and so would most of the rest of everyone I know personally in this State. We have all the tools we need to be our own republic.. Coastline, Oil and nat gas, farmland, etc, etc, etc.. We really dont need to be a part of the governmental nonsense anymore. And I cant figure out why we havent yet..
  9. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

i too agree with this line of thinking. we as texans just havent found the right group of politicians yet who have the courage to make it happen. Long live the Republic of Texas
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Y'know, I've heard that for years. Never seen any proof of it, but have heard it for years. That Texas has the right to secede.

When did they get that right? Must have been AFTER 1865, because if they had it before then, when they tried to secede in 1861, the Union would not have sent troops there to make them stay.

I've heard it's because was is the only that that was its own country before becoming a state. The Lone Star Republic.

Yep, they were the only one. The Republic of West Florida (the original Lone Star Republic), the Republic of California (the Golden Bear Republic) and the Kingdom of Hawaii just did not exist.

edit: Here we go:

An Ordinance, Declaring the Ordinance of Secession Null and Void
    March 15, 1866
    “Be it ordained by the people of Texas in Convention assembled, That we acknowledge the supremacy of the Constitution of the United States, and the laws passed in pursuance thereof; and that an Ordinance adopted by a former Convention of the people of Texas on the 1st day of February, A.D. 1861, entitled “An Ordinance to Dissolve the Union between the State of Texas and the other States, united under the compact styled ‘Constitution of the United States of America,’” be and the same is hereby declared null and void; and the right heretofore claimed by the State of Texas to secede from the Union, is hereby distinctly renounced. Passed 15th March, 1866.

SOURCE:
    The Constitution of the State of Texas, as Amended by the Delegates in Convention Assembled, Austin, 1866. Austin: Printed at the Southern Intelligencer Office, 1866, p. 32.”
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

way to rain on my parade Alpo. My depression meter just pegged. :(
  12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm

Q: Doesn't the Texas Constitution reserve the right of Texas to secede? [BACK TO TOP]
    A:
    This heavily popularized bit of Texas folklore finds no corroboration where it counts: No such provision is found in the current Texas Constitution[1] (adopted in 1876) or the terms of annexation.[2] However, it does state (in Article 1, Section 1) that "Texas is a free and independent State, subject only to the Constitution of the United States..." (note that it does not state "...subject to the President of the United States..." or "...subject to the Congress of the United States..." or "...subject to the collective will of one or more of the other States...")
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

depression meter going down a bit..
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Now JLA, wouldn't you rather know the truth, and be depressed, than be a happy idi - no, umm, ignora - no, that's harsh, ummm, fool? :p
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Bliss is Bliss, no matter how you cut it.

Though I was always taught that stupidity is Bliss, and that ignorant people know they are ignorant.

But you are correct Alpo. It is nice to know the way it really is.. Help in planning for the 'future'