The Firearms Forum banner

One Happy Dad!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pickenup 
#1 ·
Well, my oldest daughter, 17 was interested in going hunting last year. Well, today we finished the required huter's education/safety course and are starting to plan our first outing together. She is super excited and the guys did a great job the last two days getting us the info we need to be better hunters. I could write a book on how much we learned. It was great.

She wants to go target shooting some more to improve her shooting abilites before she tries to take a game animal. So we are going out next weekend and I'll let her practice practice practice.

So, now I'm going searching the archives for rifles for her and myself :)

Thanks everyone and have a great night!
Brian

#4 ·
Congrats, it's tough finding some common ground with teens. Glad she's so excited to go hunting, she'll learn alot about life and putting food on the table which much of the younger generation thinks nothing about. Food just appears at Wallyworld, right??
I can't wait to take my boy on his first hunting trip next year. I'm going to start him off with my 7mm-08; some light handloads for awhile practicing and then slowly work up the recoil. ( which even full power -08 loads are not bad)

Post up some pics of her first kill, can't wait!

#6 ·
Great to have hunting as a family activity.

Well done. Enjoy; have a great time.

#8 ·
Ah thanks guys...yeah, this is a cool thing. She is really excited and also wants to hunt bear in the future. I've been scowering for what to get her, I'll look at that 6.8 too...a friend was going to loan us a 308 to sight in and use for awhile...All I have right now is a 223 and .50 black powder (in-line).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.