1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

One of my new purchases

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by rsfrid, Aug 3, 2012.

1. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

While in Gatlinburg last week I met the Mohr Brothers http://rickmohrcustomknives.com/ and purchased several of their knives. They use "found steel" (saw blades, files, etc.) to make truly beautiful blades. I met them through Country Cobbler in Gatlinburg. Doug offered to make a holster for my Single Six then made several sheaths for most of the knives. Here is one I especially like:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If you are ever down Gatlinburg way, stop buy - Doug is a hoot to talk with and will drop everything and build you a sheath or holster in a couple hours.
  2. Airdale

Airdale Member

3. A square 10

A square 10 New Member

that is a beautiful piece , and nicely tooled sheath
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Beautiful. Found steel knives can be some of the best. i find old lawnmower blades make fantastic knife stock as it is generally the proper alloy of steel to respond well to the annealing, forging and heat treating/tempering processes of knife making.

I have a good supply of old SCAG blades I annealed in the firebox of my smoker that I have pounded flat and made ready for cutting knife blanks. I use a material removal method to make my knives and once I have a finished blade I heat treat in a homemade coal forge and quench in old motor oil. then bake in the oven at 350 for a couple hours to temper the steel before attaching the handles and sharpening.
  5. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Sweet, congrats rs!