One of my toys

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by UncleDannie, Aug 20, 2012.

1. UncleDannie

UncleDannie New Member

I built a .45 cal black powder pistol from a kit about 35 years ago. It is a Patriot .45. Was an interesting experience. I was into the 1830 era Mountain Men experience. I also made a Thompson .45 cal Hawkins rifle (which I still have). I kept the same caliber for both so I wouldn't have to worry about different balls.

Here is a photo of the Patriot.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2125339190104782481Yjvixy
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a 50 cal Pistol my son bought me last year for fathers day. Very fun to shoot. The recoil is like my 44 mag.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Beautiful job, now lets see some smoke roll ! ;):thumbsup:
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

looks good, my dad and I built T/C .50 rifles years ago, they shoot well; taken many deer with mine. I built the Hawken, my dad built a Renegade. Kits were about 90% fitted already but being that my dad is a master woodworker, we spent about a month or so doing the stocks.

I have a .44 similar to that in a Jukar, also percussion, wanting to get a flintlock pistol next in .45 cal, I'm partial to flint. paid $15 for the Jukar when I was 17 from a guy I shot with, just missing the end cap brass piece is all. Need to refinish both the wood and metal, mine doesn't look anywhere near that good!
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very nice workmanship. Looks great. Function and beauty all in one. :)
  6. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    super nice work,these pistols have gone out of sight since they are no longer made.its hard to find one for sale.old semperfi