Ongoing Obama Controversy

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jinn, Dec 7, 2008.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

JDS, I wish I could just sit down with you for a while and try to figure out how you think.
    In the same post, you accuse others of solipsism, then you go on to claim that both philosophy and religion are "dead-end" subjects.

I really just don't get how you can think that your mind is stable.
  2. JDS

JDS Former Guest

Solipcistic thinking isn't necessarily (or even likely to be) the result of a philosophy but merely a matter of insularity.
    The gist of it is, "Whatever i chose to believe, is the truth, because everything else is relative, a matter of opinion, a lie, and/or can't be proven."

Some variant of this is extremely common. Hence we have half the country believing in flying saucers, etc.....A dead end.

Philosphy is an interesting field that has (arguably) run its course -- a "dead end" of a more literal sort.

Perhaps calling religion a "dead end" is a bit harsh but I mean it only in that for many people, religious and otherwise, applying simple methods of rational and factual inquiry to faith would be the wrong approach to the whole subject, and lead to a dead end.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Self edited due to being off topic and beating a dead subject... :eek:
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  4. jinn

jinn New Member

These last several posts are convincing, no, compelling, reason to seek solace in some other forum for awhile.........
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

That's OK folks, we'll have two years to get get together a conservative Congress to rein 'barry" in.
  6. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

YES, the 'mid-terms' should prove verrrrrry interesting!
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand that. My point was that you were accusing everyone else of that, then mumbling some gibberish about philosophy and religion being dead ends, claims that cannot be achieved except through solipsistic thinking.
    It's the irony of the internal contradiction that has me intrigued.

Back to the original topic, no one really cares anymore what the Constitution says (or even what it was intended to say). There are too many competing ways to interpret every little phrase, so nothing written in it is genuinely binding for our government. It can all be explained away.

I wish people cared...
  8. JDS

JDS Former Guest

Our current president I think was born in Beautiful Greenwich, Connecticut. He's good guy

Texas wasn't a state when Consitution was written, however. Therefore, the evil LBJ was an illegal president. JFK was good -- even though his folks were Irish mafia.

Gotta stick with that good old constitution...those 13 orignial colonies is where we need them presidents from........Because........those old boys all worked hard for a livin' but weren't in no unions.......Too smart for all that.....

Hey they never mentioned no unions in the constitution......ILLEGAL.

...Here in Michigan, obviously, people earn too darn much money.........Although a lot of progress has been made in wage-cutting hereabouts already, more needs to be done......Rockefeller was quite the feller.... ya.......in Colorado ........yada yada.....
    .......Heck Grand Rapids is where AMWAY is based...And if y'all wanna buy some soap or want a line on some good money for you and your family, just let me know.......(can't tell ya what it's about yet)....(rant, rant) (just come to this meeting at the Holiday Inn on Tuesday....It's an interesting entrepreneurial opportunity for somebody like you 'cause you're special........and could ya bring a hundred dollars...cudya please???..)
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

JDS, I'm amazed how hard you work to attempt to make Conservatives look dumb. It isn't working, and may in fact be backfiring... :(

Sarcasm and cynicism, although sometimes effective, isn't enough to make people educated with rational and factual information look dumb.

This is sad... :rolleyes::eek:
  10. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Hey deathbunny,

The fact that he was enrolled in school listed as a citizen of Indonesia, which does not allow dual citizenship, proves that he was not a US citizen at that time. Thus he would need to repatriate when he returned to the US making him ineligible to become POTUS.

Pretty simple really.
  11. Deathbunny

Deathbunny Former Guest

Not really. US citizenship, like most, is yours at birth. You can't give it away, your parents can't take it from you (http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_776.html , see section F), and a foreign power can't decide that you are now no longer an American. Yes, Obama went to school in Indonesia. That proves.......that he went to school in Indonesia, nothing else. The U.S. does not, and will not, accept a foreign ruling on someone's U.S. citizenship.
  12. vytoland

vytoland New Member

PONYCAR

get over it, dude.......the big "O" is your president:p
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

And what prompted that response?... :confused:

The Big 'O' is bred of ignorance... He may be my president, technically but he's a steaming heap of dumb per his campaign and post-election speeches. I understand now that Obama is a bit smarter than his rhetoric. He played dumb in order to get Democrat constituents to vote for him. Let's hope he has a shred of Economic and Constitutional 'common sense' that he hasn't yet revealed.... :rolleyes:
  14. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I doubt it Pony. Let us hope that hussein is vastly, no...make that "incredibly," more intelligent than those that voted for him. However, I retain my doubts when I hear him speak in an unrehearsed venue. He is merely a puppet.

I keep looking for Pelosi's, Boxer's, Reid's or Kennedys' arm up his back working the mouth....
  15. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

It doesn't matter, McCain wasn't born in the U.S. either. We had a choice between to democrats. We got the one who wasn't lying quite so much about as to what he was. At least he says he's a democrat and we can deal with him as such. McCain is just a lying scumbag with only himself to think about.
  16. JDS

JDS Former Guest

If McCain is a Democrat, is Bush/Cheney also a "Democrat" for pushing "easy money" and bailing out the banks and auto industry? Was Clinton a "Republican" for ending welfare? Carter for pushing deregulation and "tight money?"

Are you guys "Republicans?"

I've always felt there wasn't much difference between the mainstream of both parties.

That's why the U.S. functions (functioned?) relatively well in contrast to places like Italy, where they get a new government every six months and you see half-built high-rise buildings that have been abandoned for years -- in part because disagreement is the cultural norm.
  17. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I think most here are conservatives who believe in liberty and the free market. We despise those who would take our freedoms no matter how much hope and change they promise. The GOP at one time represented conservative values but of late has become dem lite. At one time even dems had conservative values now they are nothing but marxist liberals. Those who believe in liberty and self reliance need to reject the dems and rinos who the stupid have voted in.
  18. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

If McCain is a Democrat, is Bush/Cheney also a "Democrat" for pushing "easy money" and bailing out the banks and auto industry? Was Clinton a "Republican" for ending welfare? Carter for pushing deregulation and "tight money?"

Are you guys "Republicans?"

The GOP at one time represented conservative values but of late has become dem lite. At one time even dems had conservative values now they are nothing but marxist liberals.

Not all Republicans are conservatives; not all Democrats are liberals. There are many flavors of each. There are Republicans who are not 'one issue' voters, as well as Democrats who are. I know a few 'yellow dog' Demos who detest the bail-out idea. There are card carrying member of both parties who believe and practice liberty and self-reliance.

'Labels' can be a trap.

As far as BO is concerned, he doesn't have to be intelligent. He will have what will be viewed as a successful presidency. Think about it: Those that are pulling the strings will not let him fail, there's far too much at stake for that to happen.
  19. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I for one am tired of the "not all are" retort. Please stop with the not all are. Anyone can see that the current dem party has gone fully marxist. Notice the word party. The leadership is marxist. The current GOP leadership is liberal.
    If indeed you believe in liberty then supporting the dem party is counterproductive in every aspect and supporting the GOP is a the lesser of two evils and a slower road to destruction. True believers in liberty need to support candidates who believe in the constitution and limited government. I don't see any on the radar from the dems but at least the GOP has a few left.
    Clinton did not end welfare he was dragged to signing it by conservatives.
  20. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I for one am tired of the "not all are" retort. Please stop with the not all are.
    Okay, so you're tired of it. And you point is . . . . . I will continue to state that in certain instances "not all are" whenever it seems appropriate, because "Not all are."

Marxist? Can you actually define the term without checking with Google?

How easy it must be, to simply retort to any comment too wide to fit into such a wretchedly constricted mind-set with a tired, boiler-plate litergy, reflecting a sad lack of actual reasoning and understanding of the subjects and issues at hand, allowing amazing, though illogical leaps of thought! e.g. I disagree with you, ergo, I must be a supporter of the Demo party.

Clinton?:confused::confused: