Online Load Data

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by scrat, Dec 8, 2009.

1. scrat

scrat New Member

Every time I log on people are asking for load data. I too have always looked for load data. About 5 years ago i found the guy who had done all the homework and wrote down all the load data. A huge majority of his loads are with the information needed. i have used his data for 5 years and have checked it to others. its a very good site with some very good load data. i have this in my favorites and refer to it often. on the bottom of the pages he has where he obtained the information the books and sources. with out further delay click the link below and save to your favorites. there used to be another guy named steves pages. i believe he stopped posting though as last time i tried you could not get into the site.

The reloading pages of MD Smith

http://www.reloadammo.com/
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. res45

res45 Member

3. scrat

scrat New Member

Thats it. between those two guys thats all you need. This should be stickied on top. Those with experience in reloading know this is all you need. These two guys did their homework for sure.
  4. scrat

scrat New Member

needs to be stickied this is where the load for the .223 rem came from
  5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

This is the Reloading Forum right? The purpous of the forum is to discuss reloading with others that enjoy the same thing. If we are going to be ridiculed for discussing reloading and told "hey look it up online" what's the point of having a reloading forum.

I don't need some new troll coming around and trying to dictate the terms of our nice forum. Maybe you'd be happier over at AR-15.com. They don't believe in courtesy or respect of others over there either. :mad:
  6. scrat

scrat New Member

7. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Here's a site that I'll refer to HERE
  8. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

While it may be convenient to go to some reloader's site to get your reloading data, it is not risk free. He can make typing errors and put you in jeopardy. Exchanging reloading recipes with others, with out checking it against published data or the sites of component or powder manufacturer, is dangerous.

Yes, this is a reloading forum but safe people don't use the site for reloading recipes but to exchange ideas or information on components or equipment or processes. Guns vary all over the place and what is safe in your gun may not be safe in others. Loads should be developed for YOUR specific gun or stick at the Starting Load Level recipe, using the components listed there, without exception. As you progress in reloading you can try different components but again from the Starting Load Levels.

This is, of course, your life and you can choose to do whatever you want with it, but a safe person follows the above guide lines to remain safe. When we reload we deal with pressures in the ten of thousands of PSI (10,000 to 60,000 PSI). Do it wrong and you may get flying pieces and parts that have an affinity for eyes, and love to remove appendages like fingers and worse. Reloading mistakes can and do kill! So be safe, not sorry. Use published data and work the loads up slowly and safely.

LDBennett