1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ONLY IN TEXAS....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Jan 25, 2007.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Before you say..."COOL"....think about it as a taxpayer for a second. Most people drive cars that are worth less than 5 grand in value. I did for years until recently. Why on Earth do they think they should be driving such expensive vehicles?

mike
    gn

Attached Files:

2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

last pic...

Attached Files:

3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Are those Platinum handcuffs he's wearing:D
    The hummer ain't too bad I have seen Dodge Viper's as Texas State Troopers cars
    I would have to say that the dope dealer that the Hummer was confiscated from ain't to happy about loosing it :D

The most exspensive Black & White's you will see down here in my neck of the woods are Camaros :D
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Hey Glock:

I understand your perspective on this, but there's two scenarios that may explain this extravagence.

1. Hummer is cutting deals to Police/Sheriff's departments for just the kind of exposure they're getting in this forum. Free advertising, for some subsidizing.
    2. Confiscated drug money/assets can be used by the agency responsible for capturing it. This could be viewed as "found money." So, they may have not had to expend any tax dollars to acquire it.

I find my diesel Excursion more enjoyable to drive than a Hummer, so I don't know what they feel they've gained except the "WOW" factor.

Pat Hurley
  5. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

I go with number 2. There's a black and white Corvette that used to run around Santa Clara, California that generated similar querys. Having driven through Texas and being stopped by some deputy about half way for doing 90 in a 70, I can understand your concern. My truck has never been above 75, so this guy's radar was crap. Let's get those country hicks modern equipment so they don't bother me on the way to Mardi Gras. I just snorted at him and said, "No way!", and he let me go with a warning in central Texas on I 10.

I am not sure what happens with these vehicles after police agencies have no more use for them. Pass them along to driving schools?

LL
  6. All I got to say, Glock, is that it would look even better with a Ma Deuce mounted on the roof! :eek: :D
  7. southernshooter

And we could put 2 guineas in the grill
  8. click

click New Member

Glock, back here we call that a "pimpmobile" Tell me that Hummer was confiscated from a pimp or crack dealer please! No offense to anyone on the job out there, but is that officer i see in the picture color coordinated with his ride? Very Gucci!
  9. southernshooter

If you look at the very first picture in the set, right next to the front drivers tire you can see someone walking in the background, that is who he just confiscated it from:D
  10. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

It's a new show on CMT: Pimp My Squad Car!

:D :D :D :D :D
  11. lohki13

lohki13 Former Guest

In hernando county the city police has a 06 charger and a dodge magnum i don't know the year of.
  12. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

Around here they PROUDLY display these things as confiscated drug vehicles.
  13. cec

cec New Member

My first thought was that this was a variation on the "D.A.R.E" squad cars. I can also see the "drug" car option.

I have also seen the official Squad Drag Car at some strips, the idea to let people run from the police and not worry about the whole arrest thing. :D
  14. Goody

Goody Member

Just wondering.......

What makes you think this is in Texas? If you look at where the plates are supposed to be, both front and rear, you see a specialty tag for "Geiger Performance". A quick google search shows this to be a firm in Germany that specializes in hopping up American vehicles for their domestic market. so I'll ask again, What makes you think this is in Texas?
  15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I think you're right not Texas or any other state. There is no county name on hummer. I hadn't noticed the no license plates. It's advertisment.