ONLY IN TEXAS....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Jan 25, 2007.

1. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

That would explain the funky boots, non-commish pants, and mismatched badges on the "sheriff".
  2. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

Those rims and tires probably cost 10 grand.
  3. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Seriously? Good thing I don't like them then. My cars are expensive enough hobbies just with all the racing modifications...
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

These pics were originally posted in a picture sharing group of mine. The original poster said they were from texas. I've know him long enough to know that he tells the story the way he found it....
    Besides, people from Texas are just as capable of being goofy as the rest of us all. Thats a fact.

I didn't think about it being a confiscated vehicle. If thats the case it doesn't bother me. However, we have a fire chief down here that has a high dollar Ford SUV thats got ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES on it including sunroof. I'm sure they got a cheaper deal on it than the public would but the sunroof reaks of waste to me.
    All the sheriffs vehicles have leather....and heated seats. Thats too much in my opinion. I work for a living and my job does not provide heated leather seats or any other frills. The shop is badly insulated and cold, and the floor is cold and hard concrete. Tried at least getting a floor mat to stand on that would cussion the effects of the cold hard concrete....NO DICE !!!!!

The screwy thing about the sheriffs dept having these ultra nice vehicles is that they make their deputies buy their own weapons!!!! How about skipping the heated leather and buying them some high quality weapons instead?
    Oh, and the recently "voted out" sheriff spent $25,000 on his own personal bathroom that only he used... it could only be entered thru his office.
    The dummy illegally took funds from the county jail to pay for it. He lost the election partly due to that and some other things. There is talk about him being prosecuted for funding it out of the jail budget that was supposed to be a "hands off" thing.... :rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  5. Actually, Glock, I figure those Texas sheriffs need all that horse power for those steep mountain roads they so often have to travel, especially in West Texas, not to mention the 6 feet of snow that's so common in Texas in the wintertime. :rolleyes: :D ;)
  6. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

Those rims and tires suck. They look like they came right out of the hood.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007