Only the Lonely

Discussion in 'VMBB Fire For Effect' started by berto64, Jan 17, 2006.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I'm startin to feel like the bastard at a family reunion in here.

Heeellloooooooo o o o !
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Where'd ya go, huh, where'd ya go????? ;) :D :D
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Hi Berto. I'm always here and listening.....

Sent you a PM this morning. Let me know.....
  4. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Funny sometimes, how those feelings seem to be contagious. I guess over the years, we who have hung on and kept the fires stoked, were just hoping someone would drop a line or two. I know those feelings all to well. I know on many of our posts, we look at the large number of readers and then to the very small number of responders. Can't help but wonder why the troops don't take the time to visit---. There were times in early days of the VMBB, exchanges were so confrontational that you kinda dreaded to check back on your posts----name calling and pedigree smearing were SOP. I suppose JD remembers these better than any of us. He sure took a lot of 'guff', but chances were, no matter the gender of the person involved, they got their 'six' torn brutally. Chief
  5. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

WHY?
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  6. Mesen

Mesen Active Member

Been working on my puter. got a new tower and trying to get my stuff transferred from the old one. I try to check in when I can. Got the banquet honoring our district essay (Voice of Democracy) winners and to choose a state winner coming up next weekend. Got lotsa paperwork for that and the district meeting the following weekend. Send ya some pix if I can. Formal attire etc. (Just an excuse to play dress up actually)

Going back to college in August and have the paperwork for that. So used to doing everything online it really irks me to have to do hard copies of ANYTHING!

I be here tho!

see ya
    Bree
  7. berto64

berto64 Active Member

DD,

Nobody wuz talking to me and just giving me odd looks like maybe I shouldna bin there. lolol
  8. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

I'm here too!:D

Chief hit that nail on the head, it was a wild scene back then, but
    that was then and this is now, everyone pretty much all gets along
    these days. The laughs and good times together are and were great.

JD
  9. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Member

Durango Colorado, the right knee-pit of Colorado
    my friends... I have come to read here every day also and I value you words

A while ago, I left word there, I was looking for a job and you all sent some places to go find them. I appritiate that.

I have had a mild stroke, (or they say it is), affecting the language...I can't spell very well at all..my stories will have to wait..and this takes about a half-an-hour to compose this (with all the spelling corrections)

My wife is here in KC to shut down the house and take me back to Durango in the next weeks.

Without you, I have no news of the lives behind us, and of our little ones...you, Six, you little one is getting to be a heart-breaker LOL

I am here ...and I remain here.....while I retrain my brain (the body don't look so good either (LOL))

out...

oh... my six months old Makenzie

Attached Files:

10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

So sorry to hear of your medical problems Mith. Stop in when you can and let us know how you are progressing. You'll be in our prayers.
  11. SixTGunr

SixTGunr New Member

I beez here too ... a tad late but bringin' up the rear ...

Thats a mighty fine lookin' little one there Mith ...

If you need me for "anything" ... I'll be there

Im not that far from ya Bro ... ;) Just holler ... ;)

We'll be here if'n ya need us and pop in when time permits.

Take care of Numba 1 first ...

Six Out!
  12. berto64

berto64 Active Member

You have a jewel with that Makenzie Mith!

Get well so you can enjoy her and watch the miracle of her life unfold. God Bless You!
  13. 1wildbill

1wildbill New Member

I'm new on this forum and just found you guys, seen some on other threads, but just like I put off going to The Wall, I guess I put off coming here too. Oddly enough, I am reading a book called "In Country", Bruce Willis did the movie back in about 89, right after the first Die Hard. I ran across the movie by chance some time ago and just found out that it was from a novel by Bobbie Ann Mason. Not yer run of the mill Nam Story. More about what happened back in The World, during and after we were In Country. How the survivors, us and our families, were also casualties too. I recommend the movie and the book to any that missed it.

Real odd, thing is that I remembered a part of the movie while I was preparing a Sunday School lesson about the book of Job, occasional thing I do. Never would have beleived I would have been doing that, back about 10 years ago. I guess that's why most of the people I see in Church are old, like me. I start thinking about those years going by, and how long I have left and end up looking in different places for answers.

The book of Job reminded me of Nam, and this story, "In Country". Got me to thinking about these things and then as fate would have it, I stumbled across this forum and this thread.

Lots of people over the years have asked me, "What was it like?". I usually quote the anonymous Union Soldier when he was asked what the battle of Gettysburg was like. "A bunch of us went down there to fight, a bunch of us didn't come back. If you weren't there, you wouldn't understand." Now I am a southerner by birth and by choice, but I bet we all know where that dude was coming from.

I have kept the feelings about our war stuffed deep inside for a long time, it seems like lately things have made me open up more and face those feelings. I support "our troops" today, but can't help but feel envy for the way they have been treated ever since the 1st Gulf "war" til the present. I feel bad about that, but don't we all wish we had been treated as well? We were in a bad place at a bad time, but also I know that I wouldn't trade those days for a month's R&R in Hawaii.

I understand that you feel lonely Brother bert, I've felt that way too, for a long time. I'll subscribe to this thread and check out the perimeter here too. I feel good about finding others that "understand".

Hell, let's face it, we are all, "Boo coo dinky dao, numba 10".
    ------------Bill

Should I put this in the "Book" section? ;)
  14. I read this forum nearly every day, but rarely post, Bert, mostly, I think, because so often the topics here make me remember too much. For me it's been nearly 36 years since I got on the Big Assed Bird to come home from Viet Nam, but somehow not all of me managed to make it onto that plane. It's like the feeling we got when crossing rivers or streams on S&D patrol, just waiting for the sound of an AK or SKS and then all hell to break loose.
  15. Hope 69/70

Hope 69/70 New Member

berto,

I do hope you are not feeling as lonely anymore. lol

Also, sorry to hear you have been feeling under the weather, get feeling better soon.

Hope