1. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

How many have heard of the lastest nonsense from UPS?? :eek::eek:

They will now require that anyone shipping a package,other than business accounts, present a photo ID as proof of who they are. This is supposed to be in response to the toner cartridge bombs of a few weeks ago. Is it possible that the people responsible for this new requirement have never heard of Photo shop and other software that allow anyone with an ounce of knowledge to create virtually any kind of an ID. I am sure that the would be bombers and other assorted radicals and terrorists have absolutely no knowledge of the available methods of creating new and ficticious personas.
  2. beebz

beebz Member

Those drivers dont have the time to do that.Our delivery guy rings the doorbell,leaves the package and is in his truck and on his way before I can get to the front door.
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Diamondback

I have Photoshop and probably just under an oz of knowledge:D, but I don't know how to inlay the various magnetic strips or semi transparent logos, etc... Sure I could print out a photo and type up all the pertinent information then slap all that between two pieces of laminating paper, but I don't think that is going to be enough these days.

Beebz

Our delivery guys are the same way, but he is talking about shipping, not receiving.

Crpdeth
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I ship everything UPS from work. We get an awesome deal because of the volume

So how does this solve anything? :confused:

There's lotsa other carriers out there.:rolleyes:
  5. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It probably won't solve a thing but it'll make UPS feel better by trying to CTA.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Make UPS have a "reason", don't you mean, for another rate hike. "This makes things safer, but causes us more work, so our rates had to increase. You have to pay for safety, you know."
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Not that I'm stereotyping or anything but I believe an ID that looked similar to the one below might constitute denial of shipment if I were checking... ;)

Attached Files: