1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Open-Bolt RPB Carbine

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 3, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Paladin6
    (1/20/03 7:23:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Rare Mac/10
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an open bolt m10 in 9mm................carbine, not a pistol, with a front grip and it is semi. I can't find anything out about these from my usual sources. I am under the impression that it is one of 100 9mm carbines ever made in like '81. I also have access to a .45, same story. Was wondering if anyone over here may have any info on these. It's an RPB. Looking for factual history. I am rather versed in most of the Mac history, these carbines are an oddity. Only reason I have one!!
    A
    As long as there is life there is hope, as long as there is hope for a better life it will be better.
    If you want to take my guns I HOPE you won't mind them bullets first.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 9:25:16 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Rare Mac/10
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Paladin.......welcome to TFF.

That must be a rare one. It isn't mentioned in either the Blue Book or in the 2003 Standard Catalog of Firearms.

I tried a Google search, but only came up with a long list of those stupid game sites.

Paladin6
    (1/21/03 11:46:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del :)
    yup, welcome to the mystery.
    As long as there is life there is hope, as long as there is hope for a better life it will be better.

Paladin6
    (1/24/03 5:00:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del BTT
    BTT still hoping someone knows something. Any past employees in the pre Sylvia and Wayne Daniels (SWD, Cobrays)days,???? I saw 3-5 of these come up on the auctions within the last month. May have come from a private collection that got liquidated?? Last time I'll bump up to the top. Thanks for any help you can give.
    A

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/24/03 6:14:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: BTT
    Hey, Andy -

Welcome to the Board!

'Bout time ya got yer buns over here!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Paladin6
    (1/24/03 6:33:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hey man!
    I have been here for along time but don't post. There are one or more individuals that have....... a philosophical diff with me. I don't want to piss in thier Wheaties. I think there is a large enough base of info here to warrant asking this question. I will not be a frequent contributor. You know where to find me if the need arsises. I have found this particular gun (m/10 in 9mm "sac" carbine")to be all but unheard of. Some have heard of it and maybe even seen one or two. I am hoping to get the whole skinny. My only intent.
    A

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 8:39:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hey man!
    Have a picture????

Open bolts are rare, even in the pistol form....but a picture of this one would help me-to help you.

LTS

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/25/03 11:01:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Hey man!
    Try Bowers boards!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Paladin6
    (1/25/03 3:39:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del RE:pic
    I can email you some that i received from the guy I got it off of. I don't have the means to post a pic, at least I don't think so . Or search GB's archive(auction # 6772125), they were all on there about a month ago, I think the pics will still be there. Or drop me an email and I'll send them direct. It has a cool factor of about 11, but is still just an open bolt mac. Should go up in value or be the next target of confiscation..............

A
    Edit: I also have 3 different types of bolts for the open bolt M/10(some are machined and lightened). I may have to be the one to start to document these. I sure as heck can't find anyone that knows about this carbine and I have examples of several variations of open bolts. I want to get one of those Fox open bolts that have the combo lock on them, wierd but cool.

A

Edited by: Paladin6 at: 1/25/03 4:18:23 pm

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 4:10:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Rare Mac/10
    Hey Andy -

'Bout time ya showed yer face 'round here. I ben seein ya on here a time er too lately.

as Kdub01 said - Welcome to the Board!

Don't be no stranger here. All are welcome. Even those who got fruzz an snowed out this last week.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/25/03 4:17:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Rare Mac/10

Quote:
    I have been here for along time but don't post. There are one or more individuals that have....... a philosophical diff with me. I don't want to piss in thier Wheaties. I think there is a large enough base of info here to warrant asking this question. I will not be a frequent contributor.

Hell, we all have philosophical differances. But at least ya posted 6 times in just over a year Hope to see more of you.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Paladin6
    (1/25/03 4:24:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks!!
    I appreciate it and we'll see how it goes. I have a somewhat abrasive personality at times and am rather blunt(most of you know this). I will post under this name only occaisionaly to give way to another who posts here. Anonimity is one of the webs greatest assets. A very friendly crew over here, lots of good resources. The Bowers board...... is that still up? have to check that out, there is certainly someone with an opinion or two on this sucker over there!!
    Thanks a bunch!! Tell "T" I said hey and I'll catch you all up if I get any info!
    A

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/25/03 4:32:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thanks!!
    Howdy Andy! How's the Kimber?
    cointoss2

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 7:12:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thanks!!
    "abrasive personality".......Hardy-har-har, you`ll fit right in!!

...ask me/who-me!!!!

LTS

Paladin6
    (1/25/03 9:13:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hows the Kimber??????????
    Smells like my butt, but (pun maybe???) other than that the thing is great. I can feed it anything and she eats it and spits fire and lead every time. In about 10,000 more rounds I'll consider it as good as a Glock.

A

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 9:32:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Hows the Kimber??????????
    Better late than never, although I dont have too much to add. I remember some ads on an RPB carbine from the early 1980's (Shotgun News maybe?). I'm thinking J&G Sales in Prescott AZ had them...

If my failing memory is correct, those carbines were RPB's misguided attempt to fish or cut bait in light of the then-new ATF rulings reclassifying their guns as machineguns....

I distinctly recall thinking "those'll never sell." Of course, in those days we weren't thinking too highly of RPB anyway.

Paladin6
    (1/25/03 9:45:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hey Doc, long time no chat!!
    That is the info I am looking for. Unfortunatly thats about all I can get. Your recall seems to be accurate as far I can tell. These are definetly pre '84 and as far as I can tell made in '81 only a run of 100 in 9mm and also in .45, .380 is even a bigger mystery. This is apparently before Wayne and Sylvia Daniels started the M/11 deal. The parts are the same crap the pistols have except for the longer barrel and the shroud and in my case a foregrip. As for quality, hey man, a ninth grade shop project is more complicated. On the other hand, this is a very rare critter indeed. I'm gonna call the ol' goat up at RPB and see what he remembers, shoulda tried that out the gate, but hey, hind sight beter than stupid.