Open Carry (aka "OC")

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by tyc, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Is that what they would think or is that what you think they would think? There is nothing wrong with choosing to carry concealed. What is wrong is the misconception and the fear of open carry that it is wrong to do it when it is perfectly normal and perfectly legal. If you dont want to open carry, thats fine. If it is legal where you live and you dont do it because you are scared of the liberals or what someone may think or you make up scary senarios in your mind about bad men coming to get you, something is wrong. Open carry is just as legal as riding a bicycle and people who dont understand it or that dont like it need to get used to it and get over it. Legal means legal means legal no matter how many times you spell it.
  2. CloserangeReaper

CloserangeReaper New Member

It seems to me that you are trying to bully people here into carrying how you want them to carry. And that's just as bad as a liberal telling me I can't have a concealed gun in public.

And you aren't my mother, nor anyone else's here for that matter. I don't need you to teach me a damn thing, so please get that fool idea out of your head. If you feel like walking around with your gun to "scare liberals", don't get all pissy when you wind up in jail overnight or with a nice fine for breaking some obscure law in your state, like the "armed to the terror of the public" law here in NC.

Good luck with not getting the cops called on you. I'll be enjoying my concealed handgun without the hassle of someone freaking out on me in public.
  3. CloserangeReaper

I've seen those before. With that being said, all five of my SERPA holsters have yet to give me any issues and I use them all the time.

That being said, I'll probably be going to something like the raven concealment holsters or something soon. I don't care for how far off my hip the SERPA sits for concealed carry. It's a bit bulky for it really. But it makes a good range holster.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

My hero. At last, somebody with the courage to stand up to DoubleD's bullying. Has he been stealing your lunch money too? I've been afraid to say anything, but I feel safe now that you're here.

Let's see, you joined TFF in Oct 2012?? So how many days did it take you to get tired of it? Just askin'.
  5. Double D

Did you take the time to read this link? http://thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=110596

Just wondering, we normally delete threads that contain content of liberal leaning views. The above link directly addresses this very issue that has been discussed here several times in the past. We consider it anti gun to be afraid to open carry in a state that its legal to open carry in and we have deleted threads because of the content. This is a pro gun forum. P.S. Please read where the forum administrator says that this issue is the position of the forum and "not open for discussion" Maybe your now mad at him for bullying people too.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Double D calls it as he see's it. I don't think he is trying to bully anyone. In the state I live in we can't carry in any way. Here you see off duty cops in street clothes carrying all the time. They don't seem to draw much attention with it.
  7. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Raven makes IMB & OWB. Both good choices........

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=RAVEN HOLSTERS&qpvt=RAVEN HOLSTERS&FORM=IGRE
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  8. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

Or on you tube!
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

10. Double D

Not many people walk around with a firearm hanging around their neck that looks like a full auto firearm. I think I can safely say the majority of open carry folks are carrying their personal firearm on their side just like their cell phone or pager and going about life as normal and most of them do it every day and it is second nature to them and they dont think twice about it. They dont flaunt it, they dont stick it in anyones face, they arent aggressive in any way, shape or form. They are just normal, everyday law abiding citizens who are doing what the law allows them to do. Nothing more, nothing less. No fear, no trying to scare anyone, none of that. Just obeying the law as usual like they do every day. Yea, they arent bad people that are trying to scare women and children, but they realize its their right to do what they do and if someone is offended, well, so be it. I am offended by a bunch of stuff I cant change. Such is life.
  11. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Double D i'm with ya man. Remember, libs have mental diseases and you or I can't change the way they think, your being "drawn in" by CloserangeReaper for an arguement. Don't fall for it.

I thought I smelled Lib when I logged in. :bleh:
  12. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Oh. And don't bully me please :D.
  13. CloserangeReaper

I read the link a few days ago. You can feel however you want about it, but you will not impose your will upon me and I will not stand idly by and let you. If you and the owner like the idea of open carry and want to see more people doing it, then this is not how you support it. You come across as a bully or just someone that doesn't care what I think or feel about the subject. I think open carry is great. It's wonderful for people that don't have concealed carry permits. But I feel that there is no need for me to advertise that I have a gun on me. That's how I feel about it and your ideals won't change my opinion on the matter. If you don't like it, tough. I will continue to carry a gun, but I'm gonna do so with it concealed.
  14. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Hey reaper, lighten up a bit. How you carry is your business and nobody is going to impose their will on you, at least not in the way you think. DoubleD is a well respected member of TFF and trust me he's no bully. The problem is a number of the more senior members go back a spell and they have each others back. We don't take kindly to the new dog in the pack barking up one of our friends. You just joined. You might want to take your time and get to know the folks here before you challenge them to a duel.
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

reaper calm down "to each his own" everyone is expressing their opinions no one can make u do anything. I have not been shooting for a long time but i do feel that if more people started to o/c then the general public would not think anything of it and would not be afraid. i now think it is a right given to us and i am going to do it, i also think if all the crooks out there would see our guns maybe they would think twice.