Open Carry Nation Wide

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by johnlives4christ, Sep 10, 2010.

1. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

What do yall think would happen if we could organize a national open carry day, and actually get folks to participate.

lets say, set it for sometime spring of next year. get it in circulation, on the news maybe, in papers, on the radio. get people on the local level to meet and form groups.

then on the day, everyone open carry everywhere you go (with the exception of work if you'll lose your job), even and especially places that it's illegal to carry.

what would happen?

cops couldnt arrest everyone. lets say 50,000 people gathered in nyc, while that's a drop in the bucket to the population there, thats a mighty big number of folks in one area.

i guess im thinking that if we were ALL to do it, then no one could stop us. we could demand that we're given back the rights we have lost concerning guns if we were all to make a single united stand.

thoughts?

~john
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Hm...That might backfire on us John. We've got concealed carry now in most states and while in many open carry is legal, most folks don't. If the anti gun public starts whining when they see all those guns the politicians may clamp down on us one way or another. I guess I think we should be happy having concealed carry privileges.
  3. johnlives4christ

im thinking along the lines of resisting
  4. xm774u

xm774u Former Guest

it makes peeps nervous
  5. johnlives4christ

it might make people nervous, but that is their problem, it shouldnt be case not to carry openly.
  6. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Wish we lived a bit closer John, I would like to see nationwide constitutional carry.
  7. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

One of the problems with open carry that I see: You have to carry an EMPTY gun, should there be a problem in your neighborhood, YOU would be the first target because your gun is OPENLY carried and you have an EMPTY gun. Concealed is the way to go, keep it covered, keep it loaded, and respond as needed.
  8. johnlives4christ

maybe in some parts you have to carry an empty gun. in kentucky you can carry it fully loaded.
  9. Stealthcarry

Stealthcarry New Member

As the author of the Minnesota Personal Protection Act has frequently said, "No one should ever know you are carrying. NO ONE!"

And yes, he DOES know more than you do....
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I think John is thinking along the lines of "use your right's or you'll lose them", and actually I kind of agree with him. Open carry should be legal everywhere. My take is that's what the founders had in mind with the second amendment. In fact it has always been my belief that licensing for carry concealed or otherwise is an infringement on our second amendment rights. The framers already said our rights are God given, and specified the right to keep and bear arms as one of them. What gives the state the right to license, limit, tax, or otherwise interfere with those exercising that right?

My problem is that we already have our plates full with other issues. Electing honest people that believe in our constitution is the key to us obtaining our full constitutional rights. Without having done that first, we will end up butting heads with the likes of Schumer and Pelosi, and we will lose as long as they hold office. They have the full weight of law enforcement behind them.
  11. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

squeaky wheel gets the oil. Unfortunately the anti-gunner squeak sounds more like a tornado siren and they have a pit crew to oil it.
  12. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

I agree. I think the BEST way to fight for your rights is at the voting booth. When all else fails, then take up resistance. From what I have seen in the last few years, we are actually making great strides. Landmark Supreme Court decisions, politicians abandoning their gun control platform (at least publicly), and we are just getting started.

As my signature quote implies I'm all for resistance when necessary, but everything in it's season (Ecclesiastes 3). We are trying to show the fearful liberals that we are level-headed, reasonable, and peaceful, law-abiding citizens who want to defend ourselves when necessary, which we are. Staging protests which breaks the law (however unconstitutional), resisting law enforcement, etc. only gives them ammo in their argument that we are to be feared, and therefore, disarmed. I think it would have the opposite effect of that intended in the long run.

We have a great opportunity to neuter the Obama administration this November, and to finish the job in 2012. Vote for those who support the 2nd amendment. I mean those who really support it, not just give lip service to it. We are winning this fight, let's not lose it by becoming overly-aggressive and over shooting our primary target.
  13. johnlives4christ

our gun rights have been infringed upon since 1934with the passage of the National firearms act. unless there are previous laws im unaware of. everyone says their gun rights are important... but no one is willing to do anything about it. what we need to do is somehow send the message to congress, and to voters, that even if they dont like guns they cannot impose a law prohibiting their ownership or use.

right now people are under the impression that all they have to do is pass a law and guns would be either illegal or have to all be registered. the only problem they see is getting people to vote on it. they do not see armed resistance as a problem because for so long gun owners have complied with rules that are unconstitutional. just like they nibble away at our rights by passing the nfa, they could and want to do the same by making it a requirement to have all handguns registered, or all guns period. but where does it stop? how far are you willing to let them push before you push back. how many failed voting seasons does it take before you decide it's time to resist?

when a government is big enough to limit what its people can have, its big enough to take away everything you have.

i guess what im trying to say is this.

gun owners like us, the ones that see gun ownership and usage as a right instead of a privilege are not the majority, we're the minority now. most people dont see anything wrong with the national firearms act, even gun owners. and because we're the minority, its too late to vote our rights back. you should never have to vote to have something that is in the constitution as a GOD GIVEN RIGHT. so why aren't the gun owners willing to actually use their guns if need be to ensure that right, just like the founding fathers would want?

why do we all set by and get pissed off that they are trying to get some new law passed and then sigh a breathe of relief if it fails? if every gun owner only half of the gun owners in the country had an "illegal" gun and rallied in out states capitals the crowd of defiant citizens would be so big that we could not be stopped as a whole. you cannot arrest 20,000 people, or 50,000 people. if we could organize and band together to protest, and if we all had the attitude of "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" then congress would listen. but as it is, we are the minority, just one of many minorities. our voice is small.

if there are 10 people stranded on an island, 9 men and 1 woman. if they all take a vote to rape the woman and only the woman opposes the idea, is this democracy? just because something gets voted in does not make it right. and it does not mean that we should all comply. because the second amendment is a right, not a privilege, it is something we should do without restrictions, and if they try to stop us with force... we should resist with force.
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

open carry is legal in Ct. but most people are not doing it, i think if all the crooks saw everyone with guns they would think twice
  15. johnlives4christ

you're right beth, they would think twice. ya know someone robbed the bank in walmart a few months back.. i couldnt believe it. i bet if the guy in line next to this guy had of had a pistol on his hip the guy would have lost his nerve