Opening Day Back ON!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Nov 13, 2007.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Had the catheter today, and good news!

Not only could he find nothing in the heart or coronary arteries that could be causing it, he also said he could see where my heart is actually almost back to normal...the "dead" areas are still dead, but the rest of it is compensating nicely due to my diet and exercise, I probably am within 5% of normal! Also the blood tests yesterday are fine, my cholesterol is WAY down!;)

He says I either overdid it in my rehab on Friday when I told him I "pushed" it a little or doing something strenuous I shouldn't have (Maybe when I pulled the mower off my tractor and put on the snow blade?:eek:) or maybe it's "acid reflux" because of my "new diet..." He wrote me a script for something to see if it's the stomach for two weeks.

He cleared me to go back to work next Monday, and ALSO said Opening Day is OK too, as long as I take it easy the next two days and don't open up the "tap" site in my groin.

He DID say he would prefer it if I stayed on the ground, and not cl9imb the stand, but it's up to me, he then told my wife "It's tough telling him anything anyway, isn't it?" To which she wholeheartedly agreed!:p

He ALSO told me (in front of my WIFE!;)) that there was NO way that "4 or 5" beers OCCASIONALLY is going to hurt me...just that he didn't recomend it every day!

Since I was on a roll, I went after the "occasional" GOOD cigar "someday," and he rolled his eyes, and said while he is against ALL smoking, he guessed that "1 or 2" a YEAR wouldn't hurt me!:D:D:D

I feel like George Patton and his "Rock Soup" method of turning permission to conduct an "Armed Recon" into a full fledged Corps attack!:p

Anyway, I kind of feel like a baby for even mentioning it to my rehab nurse on Monday, but I guess everything worked out for the best...now I KNOW the heart is mending like it oughta'....

But as an ASIDE....:mad:

This is the most I've been "exposed" to our "Health Care System" in my life, and now it's PERSONAL....:cool:

Hillary and the Democrats BETTER not mess with it...:cool:
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  2. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

So...Which 2 days a year are you going to fire up a Dog Turd? :D

Good Hunting, Buddy!
  3. Great news Polish! Now don't go overdoing it too quickly, and enjoy all that nice healthy tofu and rabbit food the doc has you on. :D
  4. polishshooter

Doc did say that he had "never gotten into hunting," but when I reminded him how good venison is on the "Heart Healthy" meat scale, he quickly said, "Oh yeah! Have fun and eat all you want! Just be careful!"

So for a "young 'un," maybe he's not THAT bad....;)
  5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Well done polish!!
    I hope you have a great time hunting, and bring home a nice one!! Maybe you should refrain from a celebratory cigar though!;)Take care of yourself cause I think old pistol would get kind lonely.........Best reguards Kirk
  6. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Great News....Yeah, what 300 said, I'm sure I'm not the only one that likes to read the constant ball busting :)
  7. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Great news, pal!
  8. polishshooter

I appreciate everybody's good wishes, got to "take it easy,"today, so I guess I can round up my hunting stuff and start washing stuff in the scent free soap...:p

Actually, I may not ever smoke a cigar again, it's just the fact I don't like people telling me I CAN'T do anything....:p

Like I don't care if ANYBODY smokes cigarettes, it's your right, I'd fight like heck if they ever tried to outlaw your right to do it, but I am DAMM glad I threw mine away cold turkey on Ash Wednesday 1987...after going through what I did two months ago...

In fact, in ICU, when the doctor that did my emergency angio and stent came to visit me the day after, he thanked me for having quit smoking, and half-jokingly told me if I had the time to go next door and get the lady about my age that he had just done earlier that day to quit too...

When I asked him if it's that bad, he said that he really didn't care about the cancer or other stuff smoking did, in his line of work all that mattered in saving somebody's life quickly with a balloon and/or a stent is how elastic the coronary arteries are, since they have to expand along with the blockage initially...and he said if you go without smoking for even just a couple of years your coronary arteries become more pliable. so you have a better chance of living, along with losing less heart function with the simple procedure done quickly, at the same time they find the blockage, but a smoker's arteries can be like rough so more plaque sticks to it increasing blockage, and stiff, like plastic pipe, little or no expansion possible, so time gets wasted trying to do it the easy way before they crack the ribs and open it up, so even if they do save you more heart is probably lost, and more risk of death on top of everything else...

He said for me having quit almost 20 years ago made mine look almost like I never smoked at all...

(and that was WITH the occasional cigars, so I had had ANOTHER doctor's opinion before I badgered my permanent one about them, I'm not THAT stupid...;):p)
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Real good news, Polish. Glad you are doing well. Stay healthy! :)
  10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Excellent news, Polish!

Looking forward to that opening day report! :)
  11. Well Polish, if the hunt's on, I guess it's time to get out the rabbit stew recipes again! :p:p:p