opening day of gun season in IN. trophy pics for deer.

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by fleetwood1976, Nov 13, 2010.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

Here are picks of my first buck in ten years. I let the last one go because it had a broken antler and it has been ten years since i have seen another. this one was about 150 lbs field dressed. not a wall hanger but at least I am over the Curse of the Broken antler. Its a nice little 2 year old 8 pointer for eating.

Attached Files:

2. fleetwood1976

I was hoping to start a thread of everyone's kills this season. if there is one allready just move this to it.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Good looking Buck, If you dont mind me askin' where ya got it. Been Kickinaround the Idea if goin out over to Brookville Ind. before Turkey day.
  4. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    That one will taste mighty good, congrats on a nice buck.
  5. fleetwood1976

big ugly,

Brookville is on the direct other side of the state from me about a 3 hour drive. But I am sure there are plenty over there too. I got this one in pike county, the wife saw a monster buck with a doe when we first got there about 250 yards away and she could still see the massive wrap around antlers. he followed the fence row instead of going through the woods were my stand was. I can get 5 more does with my life time license so she is going back for the big buck.
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Should be a great eating deer and plenty worthy enough to hang on the wall too. The Memories and the stories are; 99% of the time, bigger than the rack anyways ! :cool:
  7. fleetwood1976

I kept the skull cap for the memorys. He weighed 165 headless and naked at the processer so he had a little more mass than i had first thought. must be why i felt like having a heart attack every 10 feet dragging him up hill.
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

That's a nice Buck and should make for some good eating! Congrat's on your 8 point!
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Nice Indeed , no season here but its start of spring so let em fatten up a smidgon and i'll see what i can post for you from this side
  11. Roadkil

Roadkil New Member

Congrats on a fine looking buck.
  12. fleetwood1976

just got back from processor. a little over 86 lbs of packaged meat. I did a normal process no added meat or fat and no sausage. I saw 3 tonight nothing close enough. the wife has a 70 lb doe that is coming up within 10 yards of her and literally talking to her. Wonder if she is hunting from the spot the momma doe was shot in or something.

hope to post picks of her monster buck. we have one spot in the house for trophy antlers and the gun it was shot with on display. I have the spot but she could boot my rack out to the garage.
  13. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    yum........nice deer,i have only went once so far and did not even see a deer.i hunted the same spot last year and seen thirteen.this year i plan on shooting the smallest deer possible because im going to roast it on a stick/rotisary.good luck all,i hope to post a picture or two soon. old semperfi
  14. Zane71464

Good to hear! 86lbs of meat, man, that must have been a huge buck...pictures never does justice on the real thing. Not saying it doesnt look that big in your picture because it does. That's alot of meat...congrat's!!!:)
  15. fleetwood1976

I used a calculator link on another post and it checks out. I estimated it about 140 150 after I field dressed but he was 165 on the meat hook with no head or skin. so i was low on my estimate. it had 2 neck roast about 5 pound a peice. He wasn't rutty so he wasn't using all that energy chasing girls. neck roast stew is on the menu after hunting this evening. we are hitting grandmas river bottom ground this afternoon. I got that buck on the other side of the family's wooded farmland ground. I am thankfull I have access to good places to hunt. But first, We are going to my oldest girls school for lunch at the mexican resturant field trip. you have to order in spanish. I will propably end off with 2 light bulbs and a toilet seet on my plate. Don't know much spanish here.
  16. fleetwood1976

[ Not saying it doesnt look that big in your picture because it does. That's alot of meat...congrat's]

Just to put in perspective that is a full size chevy bed and Since we started our diet I am probably a tic under 400lbs right now. I havent been to the feed mill to get on the scales lately, so I don't know for sure.
  17. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Pointing at the menu is the same in any language. :D
    My wife speak Spanish enough to hold a conversation, but I mispronounce words on the Taco Bell menu, so she gave me a good ribbing when we vacationed in Rivieria Maya. I just started pointing at things, and the wait staff all knew what I wanted.
  18. 22shot

22shot New Member

A couple of days before the opener..
    Where there is smoke; there is a fire..
    Their Pappy aint so stupid!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  19. huston_farms

huston_farms New Member

congrats on your buck! I appreciated the pic with your girls, as my kids were always in my hunting/fishing pics as well.
  20. Zane71464

That's what was on my mind when I was looking at your buck and forgot to ask you about that. Your buck is/was a BEAST!
    I shot a big doe last year during bow season and didnt have it weighed as I done all the processing myself. When I hung it to skin and cut, me standing beside it (i'm 6'2") it's back hoves were over my head and it's nose was touching the ground. The secone biggest doe I'd ever taken

You got you one big buck fleetwood, NICE and enjoy the good venison!