Opening day tomorrow!

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by howlnmad, Nov 4, 2011.

1. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Our muzzle loader season starts in the morning:D. Packing up the truck and heading up into the mountains in a little bit. Wish me luck. I'm hoping for some hawgs and monster bucks.
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

Ya'll got a season on hogs?
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Regular Deer Season opens here tomorrow too! But I think I'll just sit on the front porch, and see what I can shoot!
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Good luck to you all, do you have snow yet? Nothing better than sitting up on a ridge, watching deer move through the trees, mnt laurel, & snow a few hundred yards below.

Our caribou season is open most the winter, but we got more than we need and no more room in the freezers. It's been getting down to minus 20 right now too and blowing; probably white out up on our summit.

I'll wait to see all you guys picts, kill a bunch.
  5. howlnmad

Saw nothing opening day. Got out about an hour before sunrise today. Was watching a hardwoods flat that's bordered by a green field that's just just below a common bedding spot. Just after 1st light I 4 does come into the hardwoods. I watched and waited about 20 minutes, no bucks. Had a nice broadside shot at the biggest one. She was about 75 yds out. I decided it was her turn. Hit her just behind the left shoulder. When the smoke cleared, she was DRT. That leaves 3 bucks and 6 antlerless to go.
    H-D, where I hunt, hawgs are open thru all 3 hunting seasons. No limit and no tags needed, other areas not that way.
    Will get some pics and try to get them loaded today.

ps- I goofed, if I hadn't field dressed her I could've continued hunting a buck before I tagged her and taken both in on the same tag. I hate when they change the rules. Last year I could have after dressing.
  6. howlnmad

We've got some waterfront property that I've been feeding some does, a 6 pointer and a cow horned spike on. I have a friend that lives across the road and I plan on using his porch in the evenings during the week if I'm home.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Well at least you one. Deer are coming to my feeder, but only at night. Just sittig, and waiting for anything to make a mistake!
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Couple of the guys went hunting this weekend. Opening day, yesterday, the ol man of the group, James sat all day. A buck wandered close early mornin right at daybreak but by the time he got the rifle on him he had already wandered back into the woods. so he sat and sat and about 6 hours later another wandered in and stopped for a shot. James drew a bead on him and CLICK, CLICK, CLICK.. rifle wouldnt fire.. He never took it to the range to do a preseason sight in or function check.. I offered him free use of mine too.

And at about 6:45 this AM, another of the group, Kenny, got a nice 8 pointer. James and Kenny are hunting the north half of the lease. BEck and I are hunting central and south side. We are heading out next weekend to try our luck. Its lookin good so far.
  9. howlnmad

Had momma get some pics. Now I gotta figure out how to get them from the camera to this page. HELP !
  10. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I upload to photobucket, then there is a img link I just copy and paste that in the reply box
  11. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

BP, opened yesterday here in, nc. I hunted a new stand. Didn't see a thing. On my way out, I saw why. They were all feeding about 25 yards from my old groundblind. .....Go figure.:(
  12. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I'm ready for gun season on the 12th
  13. howlnmad

059.jpg

The first one of the season. I hope this works.
  14. Chinook

Chinook New Member

AH! Yeah! Thats a nice, fat doe! We have puny lil deer in the West!
    Great harvest, and hope to see some more venison pics soon!;)