Opening day

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by jpdusn, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jpdusn

jpdusn New Member

Saturday, opening day of archery season, 7:10 PM. sssssssssTHWACK! The Mathews bow and Rage broadhead sang their song of almost instant death to an average size doe at 10 yards. Bacon wrapped venison backstrap is what's for dinner tonight. Link sausage from the processor in a few days. No skunkage for me this year. :dancingdots:
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

nice! good to hear. Can't wait for October, mid month marks opening for me (modern firearm season). Bear and cougar as well as small game opened 1st of this month.
  3. jpdusn

jpdusn New Member

Thanks, and you go get em as soon as you can! Like I tell my buddys when they don't go, "you'll never get anything sitting on your couch watching hunting shows. You have to be out there.
  4. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Congrats on your success. I finally am going to make it for dove and hogs this weekend. I am ready..............
  5. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I dont get to hunt until Wednesday. I will be working 5 on and two off for a while. I told my wife she wont be seeing me any until I get a few deer. I'm also filming for my buddy's show that they are starting. Should be on the air next year. They are working on the contracts right now. Finalimpactoutdoors.com I'm not doing much filming until I get some meat in the freezer though.....
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Don't open here untill Sept. 29-Nov. 2. 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
    General Season: Nov. 3, 2012-Jan. 6, 2013.
  7. jpdusn

jpdusn New Member

Here in Florida on private or leased land and some WMA's you can take 2 deer every day from 15 Sept, opening day of archery to 13 Jan, the last day of general gun. The deer may not be as large as their northern brothers but they are still whitetails and act accordingly. It's bucks only from 15 Oct on except for one week during general gun in Nov when you can take antlerless deer also.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  8. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

Congrats on the doe.

Bow opens here in Ohio Sept. 29 and I can’t wait.
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

had a guy ask me what kept me motivated to hunt during elk season last year when I told him I knew I was pretty much just on a nature walk. It was late in the season and all the animals were gone over to the res area where us Kemosabe's can't hunt. (I mean gone, I was covering 10-15 miles of high country prime time elk habitat and would cut less than 5 sets of tracks, many days old)

I told him, "ya can't win, unless ya play!"

one day a half blind and retarded legal elk will stumble accross my sights, next year it's off to the other side of the state where I can shoot the ones without horns.
  10. jpdusn

jpdusn New Member

I've gotten my fair share of blind, retarded, handicaped and just plain stupid acting whitetails and I can tell you this; once they make it all the way thru the frying pan I can't tell the difference between them and a college educated, HD vision having, radar echo sounding hearing having, steriod using athletic stud of a whitetail.
  11. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Howdy here in N colo were winding down the antelope archery season. I pray our luck changes this weekend. I hear that archery Elk season is real good this year. Thats great considering we had drought and all those damn fires. Rifle Deer opens oct 27 man am i ready!!!