Opening Day

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by jim summers, Nov 14, 2009.

1. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    It is 6:00am opening day of deer season and i am getting ready to head for the woods. When i get back in i will let you know how it went, the place i hunt is private property and i usually see quite a few deer, the weatherman is forecasting the temp to be around 70 today, that is nice for setting on a deer stand but don't know if that will help the deer movement(probably not)
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Good luck. The bucks are rutting up pretty good here so I'm guessing they are there as well. When the weather is warm then hunt both ends of the sun rise/set as they will be more likely to move at early or late.

The biggest problem with that weather is once you get one down you have to get it where it's cool. I usually put a couple bags of ice in the body cavity at the check station and get it to a butcher so it can go in the cooler. If you cut it up yourself then you may want to skin it out today and cut up tomorrow.
  3. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Well i am back and the score is deer 1 hunter 0 saw one doe but she was moving thru the woods to fast for me to take a shot. But the season just open so li have plenty of time to try and get one.
  4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

I went out opening day which is today(sunday)here.I didn't see anything but I heard alot of shots and I did hear a bunch of leaves moving and a big snort before daylight.I plan on going back out here in a few and tomorrow morning.