Opinions--Bersa Thunder 380

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by adjohns3, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I have never owned one but had the oppertunity to shoot one a few weeks ago.
    My neighbor bought one about a year ago. He called me up a (few weeks ago) and
    wants me to come out and shoot with him. He gets his Bersa Thunder out and we get a target made.
    I take the target out to about 15 yards, he said,"that's too close..take it on out there...I tell him it's an "up and close kinda gun". He insists on 40 yards...lol
    I told him, but I fired the first shot,,, 1/4" right of center, yeah, I know...like I told him, nothing but a fluke shot. I hand him the gun...he shoots and 1/2" bottom center.
    I standing there now totally in disbelief.
    I literally told him to hand me that gun and we'll try that again...he said, nope...gonna quit while the quitting is good. I begged him, I told him the gun is like a
    like maybe a 15yard gun.
    That's the only time I ever shot one...so I have no clue other then what we both shot that day. He's an elderly gentleman and failing health, so I couldnt fuss to much with him about letting me shoot it a few more times.
    "Fluke" no dought, and twice. But that's my one and only experiance with a Bersa Thunder .380! :confused:
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

My mother has a Bersa Thunder, a double stack mag model that has a fatter grip. I bought it for her, and I've been a little jealous ever since. :p Nice little gun.
  3. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

It seems the consensus is that it's a good gun and I agree. I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 IWB loaded with Corbon Pwrball ammo and trust it completely. Bersa Thunder .380 is respected as a dependable gun.