Opinions needed, hows this?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by dark_falcon27, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

+1 :)
  2. dark_falcon27

dark_falcon27 New Member

Thank you all for the good advice. And as for practice, that I can assure you is both a pleasure, and good preparation.
  3. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Dark Falcon, I say use what you have and learn to make it work. In my opinion having a 40 cal pistol is better than having no firearm. Some will have strong opinions on both sides. You can always work toward upgrading later if situations change. Just my 2 cents.:)
  4. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

The best gun to have in a gun fight is the one you have with you it doesn't matter, if its not in your hand its not doing you any good. So I say you have plenty there have been many a bad folks lose thier lives to somthing smaller than .40
  5. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Pretty much any working firearm will trump a knife ASSUMING (and I don't like to) you have it out and ready. Guns just plain stop people from bothering you faster on average than knives do. That said, a knife in the hand is deadlier by 100% than a gun in a holster.
    You have a fine pistol with the USP .40, it will do the job as well as you direct it to.
  6. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

DF 27,

Sir, I keep a tomahawk and longknife next to my bed.

If they come in, they will be bled out.

Ive used them for over 30 years now as point blank defense.
  7. 1 CAV

1 CAV New Member

I don't see anything wrong with using the .40 dark falcon. Heck it's what I use and I also have a shotgun. You might consider something in addition to your .40 however. Have you ever turned off all the lights in your home and walked around the house in the dark? Seriously, I know it sounds a little off but if someone breaks into your home in the middle of the night are you going to throw on the lights and make yourself a perfect silhouette? I wouldn't and I suspect that a would be burglar is going to prefer using the darkness and shadow as well. So I have a couple of night lights placed about the house that don't put off much illumination but allow me to see just enough. Move around the house in the dark, learn where the shadows are, where the furniture is, where the floor squeaks. Knowing your environment can be just as leathal a weapon as your .40.
  8. gs78

gs78 New Member

now in the US0fKKK-A,formerly the United States of
    I like your style, up close and personal, and you can donate the scalp to make a wig for cancer patients...