How would you buy 223 brass?

• Bags of 100

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Bags of 500

Votes: 18 75.0%

Opinions needed!

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Sherrer1* 
#1 ·
Need to know how you would rather buy 223 brass. Bags of 100, Bags of 500.? I am helping out a local store and we are Undecided on how to bag it up. Just thought i would post it here because it deals with reloading. Thanks for your opinions.

#7 ·
500 for me, but I am sure there will a need for both. Also I would want them to be the same make such as Remington, Hornady,,, etc.
Agree, especially on the need for both and bags of the same brand. I bought 500 once-shot cases of mixed brands. The case brands were not all the same capacity so I have had to work up loads for each brand.

#8 ·
my vote is both.. I was at a show today and wanted some 223 brass ( SOME ) guy there had bags of 500.. couple guys had 500. I only wanted SOME.. :)

I found a guy with bags of 100.. they all loked equally clean and same realative condition.. i bought a bag of 100.

oddly enough.. it was cheaper by the 100.. :) i could have bought 500 for 10$ cheaper than a bag of 500 from the other 2 vendors.. :)

#11 ·
500 for me, but I am sure there will a need for both. Also I would want them to be the same make such as Remington, Hornady,,, etc.
Well not to pop your bubble Highboy, but it will be mixed brass. I just do not have that much time on my hands to do this. I sort it by cal. then give it a quick clean just to see major defects then bag it up and take it back. I dont get pay for this but i do get free range time on the indoor range.:)

#12 ·
Well not to pop your bubble Highboy, but it will be mixed brass. I just do not have that much time on my hands to do this. I sort it by cal. then give it a quick clean just to see major defects then bag it up and take it back. I dont get pay for this but i do get free range time on the indoor range.:)
No bubble popped. I understand that and see your angle and would probably do the same. That is a gravy deal for you so I say go for it. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Thats a pretty good trade out.:)

#15 ·
Bags of 100, the major retailers have the bulk of theirs in lots of 100 for shelf sale. its also easier to stock on a shelf also.

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.