Opinions on a Rossi .223

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by rifle_man, Jul 15, 2003.

1. rifle_man

rifle_man New Member

This rifle I can get with a bull barrel 23" and walnut stock like in the picture with a Simmons Whitetail 4-12 x 40 scope. It also has a hammer extension, plastic carrying case and a lock. This all for $235.00 brand new!!! Is the rifle good, accurate and sturdy. Just from holding it, it seemed to fit good and seemed sturdy. I would be using this rifle for varmints such as fox, groundhogs, crows and other such things. Please give me your info. and opinion. Also I might be able to get the rifle even cheaper from a whole sale dealer I know.

In the picture the gun I want does not have the open sights and has a bull barrel. Very nice gun!!!

http://www.rossiusa.com/rifles-full-str.html

Attached Files:

2. warpig

warpig Guest

I have had experiance with a Rossi lever action rifle. it was a good gun. Can't say anything more than that about Rossi though.
  3. 4 eyed six shooter

4 eyed six shooter New Member

I have sold several and the customers seem very pleased with them. They are accurite and built solid. They do not have a target quality trigger, but the trigger can be improved. For the price it would be hard to go wrong. Single shot firearms a great.
    Good shooting, John K
  4. rifle_man

rifle_man New Member

How actually can you improve it??