Opinions on Colt Mustang .380

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

gewehr44
    (5/31/02 2:37:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Opinions on Colt Mustang .380
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was at the local gun store today & spotted a stainless Colt Mustang in .380. I'm on the lookout for a small frame to carry on rare occassions & it looked interesting. The stock sights would have to be replaced (too small!) but don't know too much about this gun. I know Colt no longer manufacturers them. Opinions appreciated!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/31/02 7:34:47 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Opinions on Colt Mustang .380
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not a bad little pistol, but they need a little slicking up for reliable operation, feed ramp and trigger. I would leave the sights alone, they are for up close use and larger sights could snag. You might also look at the Colt "Pocket Light" also no longer made....but if you like Colt`s, it`s slightly better than the Mustang. Since being discontinued, their prices have soared....so you might also look at Kahr in 9mm or .40. Very nice compact and reliable. I prefer the earlier model in 9mm, just for the extra rounds in the magazine.....but the .40 is popular as well. Best LTS
    T.F.F.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/31/02 10:53:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Opinions on Colt Mustang .380
    I love that little Mustang, wish I had kept one for myself!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Bompa
    (6/3/02 6:56:12 pm)
    Called Colt the other day and asked if the 380 series would
    ever be reinstated and was told that perhaps by the end of the year they may have something on the market..She didn't say what year but she did say that there would never be a new Colt for sale in Mass. without a change in the laws here..

gewehr44
    (6/4/02 1:21:37 am)
    What is the situation in MA? I need to lookup some info on transporting thru MA, since my parents own a place in VT. There must be a legal way to do it...

Thanks for the opinions!

Edited by: gewehr44 at: 6/4/02 2:22:10 am

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/4/02 9:44:07 am)
    Gewehr....try here: www.nraila.org/GunLaws.as...etail&R=MA

While this doesn't address transporting a firearm thru the state, I should think that if carried in a locked case (without ammunition), in a locked trunk, you might be alright.

However, to be on the safe side, contact the MA Attorney General's office at 1-617-727-2200.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/5/02 12:07:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Opinions on Colt Mustang .380
    DO NOT TRANSPORT ANY FIREARMS THROUGH MASS
    UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE THEM AND GET POSSIBLE
    JAIL TIME!

Avoid Mass, you can get to VT via Conn or NY and you
    will avoid any problems that way!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac