Opinions on CZ 2075 Rami in .40 S&W

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by oldredneck, Jun 13, 2008.

1. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

I've been looking for a new pocket carry pistol and am considering the CZ 2075 Rami in .40 cal. I live in South Mississippi and it has been hot as blazes here for more than a month and will remain so until mid September or later. I usually wear polo shirts or T-shirts and cargo pants. The cargo pants are more baggy and it's easier to pocket carry without printing. Has anyone owned and carried this pistol in either 9mm or .40 cal.? If so, please give me your opinion. I assume the .40 cal. would have a little bite but I don't think it would be any worse than 9mm +P in my Kel-tec. Of course, neither of these are pistols one would want to run 50-100 rounds through on a regular basis. The Kel-tec recoil doesn't bother me other than eating my trigger finger up after a couple of magazines.
  2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Check out CZ Forums on these. I have "heard" that the RAMI has problems in 40 S&W, I do not know this as a personal experience.
    WWW.CZUSA.COM
    And check out their forums.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

Thanks for the heads up on the .40 cal. I went to the CZ Forum you recommended and there do seem to be a lot of feed problems with the .40.
    I guess I'll take a closer look at the 9mm.
  4. Erich

Erich New Member

Albuquerque NM USA - 6000' above sea level
    I only bought my 9mm RAMI because I ran across it at such a good deal ($260 in 95% condition) at a pawn shop, but I have fallen in love with it. I've heard many bad things about the .40s' reliability from folks online. FWIW.

[​IMG]
  5. I've heard the same talk, Erich, though I have no personal experience with this particular pistol to back it up. I do like the looks of the little gun though, and I've heard that it is a very good performer, at least in the 9mm version. Some I have talked with have said the trigger is only "so, so" but decent.

Redneck, as for the recoil issue, I doubt you will need to worry. I carry and shoot a Glock 33 (with a .40 barrel in it) quite often. In fact, I put 200 rounds through it just last weekend. Recoil of the .40 in a small, relatively light pistol is noticeable, but by no means a problem.