Opinions on M1 Carbine - Inland

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RCOX, Sep 27, 2012.

1. RCOX

RCOX New Member

I am giving serious consideration to selling my M1 Carbine (INLAND serial #5454433). I believe it was built between Jan-Aug 1944. It appears (to me) to be in very good condition I am going to attempt to attach photos so I hope this works. I would greatly appreciate an opinion on its value and what a fair, reasonable asking price would be.... I also have several magazines that are in the photos as well.

Thanks in advance !

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      183.3 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      211.9 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      585.6 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      587 KB
      Views:
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Just out of curiosity, how long have you had that carbine?

Jim
  3. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Need more info and pics, but it appears to be unaltered (not rearesenaled) wwII vintage--correct safety, milled adjustable peep sight, no bayonet lug. BUT, most of these guns WERE rearsenaled after the war and some collectors are finding vintage parts to return them to ther wwII configuration.The magazines appear to be new. If it is original, not messed with, wwII vintage, in the condition it is in, I'd put the value at $1,200+. Rearsenaled or restored, $900.
  4. RCOX

RCOX New Member

It was my father's who served in WWII, KOREA, and VIET NAM. He sent it home after WWII. It is all original,unaltered and those are original , loaded, magazines. I just don't know how to go about selling it to get its value from it.

What other photos do you need? (I am unable to disassemble it)
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012