1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Opinions on the Olympic Arms 243wssm upper?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by bluesea112, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Opinions on the Olympic Arms 243wssm upper that fits the standard .223 AR lower?

Do any of you guys have user experience with the Olympic Arms 243wssm that fits on the standard AR lower?

Bluesea112
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Re: Opinions on the Olympic Arms 243wssm upper that fits the standard .223 AR lower?

I am bumping this, because I have an opportunity to acquire one of these uppers. I just don't want to run in blind.

Opinion/s? Anybody?
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

My favorite local gunshop has nothing but bad things to say about Olympic Arms... warranty service being the main complaint.

mike
    gn
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I found a gun smith who custom makes the uppers using barrels that he gets from Olympic Arms. That being the case, the warranty service doesn't concern me. What I was hoping to find out is how well the 243WSSM feeds with the AR style platform. I have heard that bolt rifles don't like the extreme angle of the WSSM, and they have had some feeding issues. Since the AR feeds from the top, I hear that it does not have the same problem. I was just wondering if anybody had experience with one so they could tell me for sure.