The Firearms Forum banner

opinions on this Sistema, is it original or reblued?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  oldobie 
#1 · (Edited)
I replaced the grips, but this looks pretty good. So I am asking your opinions on this one. Edges on slide serations looks sharp. Lettering appears sharp (to me)
Original or refinished? Need more pictures of certain parts let me know.

See less See more
#3 ·
I would have to say that it's definitely reblued, and what I can see of it appears to have been quite nicely done. I have had a very nice Sistema for over 18 years that is still in the original high polish armory blue with a few small blemishes, and I wouldn't trade it for a genuine Hartford Colt 1911 built in the mid- '80s to mid-'90s era if you threw in a Ballester-Molina .45 to boot.

I have owned and/or used several other Sistemas and owned one Colt 1911 over the last 20 years or so, and I have found that Sistemas in good shape and equipped with quality magazines usually function more reliably with JHP and semi-wadcutter type ammo than their Hartford-built half-brothers. I replaced the cheap gunshow magazine installed by the importer in the one I mentioned earlier with a pair of 7 round Wilson mags. It has never once failed to reliably feed and/or eject almost every brand of JHP ammo I have tried since I got the Wilson mags, and now it also eats my 185 grain SWC handloads like my little grandson gobbles up M&Ms. The only factory loaded round that ever failed to function reliably in my Sistema after I bought the Wilson mags was the discontinued Speer 200 grain blunt-nosed JHP generally known as the Flying Ashtray, and I have solved that situation by simply avoiding that cartridge ever since I had numerous malfunctions with the first and only box I tried.

I just hope yours is as reliable as my old timer has been. If it won't reliably feed anything but hardball or RNL from the magazine it came with, try a Chip McCormick magazine or a Wilson SEVEN round mag (NOT the more common 8 round) if you can find one and see if it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.