Opinions, please.

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 3, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AntiqueDr
    (4/19/01 5:29:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Opinions, please.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Buyer closed one of my auctions with BuyNow. The auction listing (GB #1220374) clearly states "Seller must collect sales tax of 6.25% from residents of TX."

Buyer gets one HELL of a deal on a 700ADL with Leupold scope, emails me that he is sending a Cashier's Check in the amount of bid-price plus shipping, then discloses that he is in Texas. I email him back that since he is TX I must collect sales tax. His response:

I have official documentation that says the price is $415. I think you
    should have determined where the gun was going to be shipped before you sent
    the email documenting the price. I'll pay the $440 if I must, but I think
    you should pay the sales tax out of the $400 and stick with the price you
    quoted. Jick

I have half a mind to tell him to stick the rifle up his a$$. I believe he is just trying to gig me on the tax. Am I wrong?

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (4/19/01 8:21:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Opinions, please.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am only a C&R, and not a licensed business, so I don't deal with the tax business. I probably buy on auctions 50 times more than I sell. If I was to win an auction from someone here in Missouri that was a licensed business that must pay taxes, I will willingly pay the tax, and even if it wasn't stated in his auction, I will ask him what the tax is. Frankly AntiqueDr - you are dealing with a jerk. Tell him to pay onto the state what is due the state, or go pound sand.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/19/01 8:42:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Opinions, please.
    Doc,

Tell him to take a flying **** through a rolling doughnut!

Tac

The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Kdubya
    (4/19/01 9:37:15 pm)
    YEAH, YEAH - What they said!!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

AntiqueDr
    (4/19/01 10:56:11 pm)
    Well, he is paying the tax but he's huffy and pissy about it. I figure this will be a return after he's shot hell out of it.

Bet your ass I'm recording the sn of the scope, too.

www.apaxenterprises.com

Rons Toys
    (4/20/01 6:18:55 am)
    AD,
    since he's in the same state, is he comming to PU of are you sending it to him? You still have to run NICS unless it goes to another FFL.
    just my 0.02 Ron

AntiqueDr
    (4/20/01 6:37:13 am)
    No, its being shipped to another dealer up in Wichita Falls. I wonder if he's going to have a problem getting this guy to do the 4473 and NICS...

www.apaxenterprises.com

bondai
    (4/20/01 11:58:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Something for nothing
    This guy is just an example of much of our society today. Some people want something for nothing and they really feel that they have freebies coming.

Myself, I don't get it. People seem to be confused about things today, no common sense.

AntiqueDr
    (5/5/01 8:42:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Opinions, please. The Rest of the Story
    Money received, including sales tax. Rifle shipped Priority Mail, Insured, Delivery Confirmation to dealer in Wichita Falls.

No word.

Sent email, received reply "Did you ship rifle yet?" Thought, oh no, here we go. Delivery Confirmation showed delivery the day before, advised buyer to check with dealer.

No word.

I am now operating on the belief that he has his rifle, and likes it. Money firmly in my a$$ pocket. I left positive feedback for buyer, did not receive any feedback which I expected. Just glad that deal's over.
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Kdubya
    (5/5/01 2:26:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Opinions, please. The Rest of the Story
    Hmmmmmm!
    Don't suppose he's gonna try the ol' "Where's my rifle, I didn't receive it" bit do you?
    You DID ship to an FFL in Wichita Falls, didn't you, Doc? Let's hope he will just take the rifle and go away!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

AntiqueDr
    (5/5/01 3:12:49 pm)
    Too late for that. Have proof the gun was delivered to the dealer's address, date and time. If he has not received it, that's between him and that dealer.

Please. Of course I shipped it to an FFL. Required an ink-signed copy before I shipped, so on and so forth. Been doing this many years.

www.apaxenterprises.com

Kdubya
    (5/5/01 3:42:19 pm)
    Easy, Doc - Easy!
    Didn't mean to impune your handling of the situation or imply you don't know how to ship firearms! Was merely reiterating what you had previously stated and lamely trying to develop a somewhat humorous reinforcement of your actions. I humbly beg your forgiveness for being taken in the wrong slant! Whew!!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

AntiqueDr
    (5/5/01 5:34:20 pm)
    Not a problem, maybe I'm just a bit edgy in light of the current controversy regarding a bunch of Glocks and people getting reported to the ATF...

www.apaxenterprises.com

Kdubya
    (5/5/01 6:49:26 pm)
    Yeah, Doc -
    Been trying to follow that thread and guess the thrust is someone has a basketful of those Glocks and there are questions as to whether the seller is a dealer or individual skirting the ATF regs. Evidently, someone managed to snag a name and reportedly inquired of the ATF as to his validity. I think I'll let sleeping dogs (if any) lie on that one - hate to see anyone turned into a gov't agency on suspicion, unless an eyewitnessed crime is observed.
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/6/01 7:02:44 am)
    Het Kdubya, check M.Jacobs feedback so-far... 4 for 4, Failed!