Opinions - Taurus Millennium PT 111/140/145 Series

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. tdyoung58

tdyoung58 New Member

I have a PT745 Mill Pro and have had no problems with it. Carried it for a year or so, probably 7-800 rounds through it. Only issue I've had is front sight dirties quickly when shooting
  2. jcroper

jcroper New Member

Just bought a Millennium Pro 9mm for my wife in late December. It seems like a great gun, after 400 or 500 rounds it shoots reliably with only one jam. The slide doesn't come off for cleaning as easily as my Steyr M40A1 but that's fine :)

One problem though. At 5yards it seems to be sighted in about 12 in high. I'm relatively new to handguns, but I've had four other people shoot it, all with the same result. It has adjustable sights, but near as I can tell they're only adjustable side to side. I'd like to get it sighted in right for her, but I'm not sure what needs to be done. Any thoughts/advice?
  3. I'm3rd

I'm3rd New Member

I don't have experience with Taurus semiautos myself, but a friend owns a full size 9mm Taurus that looks like an exact copy of the US Army Beretta except in stainless steel, and he loves it. In my experience with the 3 Taurus revolvers I have owned I have found that if you get a good example it will be a very good revolver and a bargain to boot. But if you get a lemon you're screwed because Taurus so-called warranty "service" sucks big time.

Of the 3 Taurus revolvers I have owned only one had no mechanical problems, and that one was excellent and equal to my S&Ws and Colts in every respect. Actually it was better in some respects such as it's extremely smooth and light DA trigger and "glass rod" SA trigger. However, even though that one revolver was excellent I don't own a Taurus now and don't expect to ever buy another one. 2 lemons out of 3 guns is not good enough odds for me. And did I mention that Taurus warranty service really sucks?
  4. Dixon2678

Dixon2678 New Member

I just purchased a Taurus Millennium PT111. I like everying about it so far. EXCEPT, I put 200rounds of 115grn Win FMJ yesterday and it consistently hit low. WAY LOW! About a foot. This is my first 9mm, I'm pretty accurate with my 44's and 38's. Could it be the ammo? Any suggestions?
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

It's likely the ammo. If that's the ammo you want you use, you can change the sights.

You said that it is consistently hitting low. Consistency is the only measure of accuracy. As long as it is consistent, then the sights can be changed to your liking.
  6. shooter79

shooter79 New Member

I have had my millenium PT140 for about a year now and have had no problems. I use it as my primary CCW and it is accurate and reliable.
  7. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

We have a PT 111 Millenium Pro 9mm and a 24/7 PT45 Pro C and we love both guns. So far they have eaten all ammo and go bang. I just scored a 100% on my CCW shooting test with my 45. As to the availability, my dealer has had everything that I have looked for so far. Maybe I have lucked out, but he gets reasonably regular shipments of Taurus guns, both semi-auto and revolvers. I would not hesitate to purchase more.

Old Guy
  8. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I have a Millenium PT-111, it will be ths last DA pistol I buy.

I don't like that heavy a trigger pull.
    I would have traded it by now but I put $100 Trigicon night sights on it. :eek:

I also have a NAA .380,
    50 rounds and my fingers would look like hamburger :eek:
  9. glnnuby

glnnuby New Member

I recently bought a Taurus Pro 145. It never fired the first shot. Would not even put a mark on the shell primer. The gun shop sent it back to the factory for me. When it comes back I am going to sell it immediately. I will never buy another Taurus of anykind.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  10. plasticman

plasticman Former Guest

First time I shot mine today, put 100 rounds thru it. I have the 3rd generation Millennium Pro PT145. No problems so far, nice little pistol. Pretty accurate as well......
  11. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just bought a PT111 Pro 9mm from a friend for $300. It has about 80 rounds through it. I havnt fired it yet but will try it this week. Looks pretty but the trigger does suk.
  12. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, I tried the PT-111 9mm and it shoots ok but that long trigger pull bites. Think I will bring it to the next gunshow and sell it.
  13. Ouiser

Ouiser New Member

I bought a PT111 as a CCW and shot 50 rounds without incident. Today I took it to qualify for CC. It misfired 4 times and I'm not a very happy camper. I really like all of the features but this pistol really let me down and caused me embarrassment and humiliation.
  14. dw4570

dw4570 New Member

I am so glad to hear so many who hated the trigger on the Millenium. I had a PT-140. Size, shape, ergonomics were perfect and it never failed to go bang but it was by far the worst trigger I ever felt. Not just heavy but totally inconsistant and unpredictable. There were times I felt I had pulled it as far as I possibly could and nothing would happen then surprise, Bang! I sold it to a fully warned friend about 7 years ago who still carries it but won't waste time trying to punch paper with it. IMHO it's a great gun to carry as long as you never have to shoot it. The Kimber Ultra Carry II I replaced it with for 3 times the cost is still my primary carry gun and well worth the difference. I won't bore you with my other Taurus horror stories.
  15. tmw

tmw New Member

Is it a Mill. or a Mill. Pro?
    The reason I'm asking is the heinie sights on the Pro are designed to acquire sight picture "dead on" instead of the "six o'clock" position, which is usually the problem.
    That little fact helped me raise my shots up about 6". Unfortunately, seeing it started out hitting about 12" low, I'm still not quite there. I called Taurus, and they informed me that there are no other sights available for the PT111 Pro, so I can send it in for an accuracy test, and if it's off by their standards, they'll do what it takes to correct it. If not, I'll just have to get the front sight smithed to get it where I want it. From everyone I've spoken to, including customer service at Taurus, I'm expecting the turn around on their testing to be at least 2 months, so if it's not just a heinie sight "misunderstanding" and you don't want to be without your pistol that long, it may be worth your while to just go get the sights chopped. Personally, I just got a new Sig to carry, so I'm gonna go ahead and send the Taurus in and see what they say. I'll be sure to update this as soon as I hear back from them and let everyone know the verdict.