Opinions - Taurus Millennium PT 111/140/145 Series

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. shooter79

shooter79 New Member

I have had my millenium PT140 for about a year now and have had no problems. I use it as my primary CCW and it is accurate and reliable.
  2. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

We have a PT 111 Millenium Pro 9mm and a 24/7 PT45 Pro C and we love both guns. So far they have eaten all ammo and go bang. I just scored a 100% on my CCW shooting test with my 45. As to the availability, my dealer has had everything that I have looked for so far. Maybe I have lucked out, but he gets reasonably regular shipments of Taurus guns, both semi-auto and revolvers. I would not hesitate to purchase more.

Old Guy
  3. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT New Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I have a Millenium PT-111, it will be ths last DA pistol I buy.

I don't like that heavy a trigger pull.
    I would have traded it by now but I put $100 Trigicon night sights on it. :eek:

I also have a NAA .380,
    50 rounds and my fingers would look like hamburger :eek:
  4. glnnuby

glnnuby New Member

I recently bought a Taurus Pro 145. It never fired the first shot. Would not even put a mark on the shell primer. The gun shop sent it back to the factory for me. When it comes back I am going to sell it immediately. I will never buy another Taurus of anykind.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  5. plasticman

plasticman Former Guest

First time I shot mine today, put 100 rounds thru it. I have the 3rd generation Millennium Pro PT145. No problems so far, nice little pistol. Pretty accurate as well......
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

I just bought a PT111 Pro 9mm from a friend for $300. It has about 80 rounds through it. I havnt fired it yet but will try it this week. Looks pretty but the trigger does suk.
  7. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

Well, I tried the PT-111 9mm and it shoots ok but that long trigger pull bites. Think I will bring it to the next gunshow and sell it.
  8. Ouiser

Ouiser New Member

I bought a PT111 as a CCW and shot 50 rounds without incident. Today I took it to qualify for CC. It misfired 4 times and I'm not a very happy camper. I really like all of the features but this pistol really let me down and caused me embarrassment and humiliation.
  9. dw4570

dw4570 New Member

I am so glad to hear so many who hated the trigger on the Millenium. I had a PT-140. Size, shape, ergonomics were perfect and it never failed to go bang but it was by far the worst trigger I ever felt. Not just heavy but totally inconsistant and unpredictable. There were times I felt I had pulled it as far as I possibly could and nothing would happen then surprise, Bang! I sold it to a fully warned friend about 7 years ago who still carries it but won't waste time trying to punch paper with it. IMHO it's a great gun to carry as long as you never have to shoot it. The Kimber Ultra Carry II I replaced it with for 3 times the cost is still my primary carry gun and well worth the difference. I won't bore you with my other Taurus horror stories.
  10. tmw

tmw New Member

Is it a Mill. or a Mill. Pro?
    The reason I'm asking is the heinie sights on the Pro are designed to acquire sight picture "dead on" instead of the "six o'clock" position, which is usually the problem.
    That little fact helped me raise my shots up about 6". Unfortunately, seeing it started out hitting about 12" low, I'm still not quite there. I called Taurus, and they informed me that there are no other sights available for the PT111 Pro, so I can send it in for an accuracy test, and if it's off by their standards, they'll do what it takes to correct it. If not, I'll just have to get the front sight smithed to get it where I want it. From everyone I've spoken to, including customer service at Taurus, I'm expecting the turn around on their testing to be at least 2 months, so if it's not just a heinie sight "misunderstanding" and you don't want to be without your pistol that long, it may be worth your while to just go get the sights chopped. Personally, I just got a new Sig to carry, so I'm gonna go ahead and send the Taurus in and see what they say. I'll be sure to update this as soon as I hear back from them and let everyone know the verdict.
  11. scfcpd7

scfcpd7 New Member

I have the same problem with my sites. I like the gun. trigger pull does not bother me. But the site compensation for a bullseye is annoying. You have to line the bottom of the front sight dot up with the top of the back groove. Once you do that its a perfect shot. Shot 3/4 inch of center at 12 yards today. None of this figure eight mess its two dots and a gap.
  12. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

Pt138 and pt 140 and enjoy shooting them both. Easy to handle and accurate enough for CC. These are not my favorite CC choice but have carried them in IWB holsters and OWB holsters for daily carry.
  13. sixguncowboy

sixguncowboy New Member

I have a PT 145 MIllenium purchased brand new in June 09 with 3 dot sights. Nowhere on the gun does the word Pro appear. Now I'm hearing about cracked frames and long waits for Taurus to replace the gun. I've only fired a few magazines through the gun but is very accurate. I'm wondering what I have here and should I sell it & buy something else or keep it and run the risk of a possible cracked frame & possible injury or death at some point in the future.
  14. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

I would hope they had gotten the problems worked out over the past few years.
  15. sixguncowboy

sixguncowboy New Member

I would hope so Pinecone
  16. more forty fives

more forty fives New Member

I have a pt111 and it go's bang every time.It never jammed in over 600 rounds does shoot about 3in. high tough.
  17. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

I have the Pt 111 and I have had none of the problems others have had. I enjoy the gun but was sold on the how light the gun is. I must tell you it's not so light after you load 9 rounds in the clip. I wish I would have done that first, but it's still a great gun for the price and I'm glad I own one.
  18. NitroDave08

NitroDave08 New Member

Loved my PT145 so much I got a PT111 for the wife
    [​IMG]
    The advantage over the PT111 is that the PT145 has a mini rail on it
    Lazerlyte has a micro laser and fits perfect.
    [​IMG]
  19. sglenn

sglenn New Member

Please help with pt111 (not pro)

I recently bought a Taurus PT111 with some issues. The trigger is broken, the take down pin spring is missing, and I think the firing pin safety spring is missing. I have taken a picture of my firing pin safety. As you can see it is not engaged. The problem is that I can not find an exploded drawing that exactly matches my gun. There is a small spring loaded part that fits into a machined slot behind the firing pin safety, that looks like it should cam the safety back and forth or something, but all I can figure out is that it may move under recoil. Anyway, I really could benefit from someone posting a picture of their firing pin safety for comparason. I will be calling Taurus for parts, and it would help if I knew for sure what might be missing. I hope to avoid shipping the gun to them to save $. If you have a NON PRO Taurus Millenium PT series and would be willing to help me out, I would appreciate it. You would have to remove your slide, turn it upside down, remove the screw holding the firing pin safety cover in place. Carefully pop the cover off, take a pic, replace cover. Be careful not to lose any small parts. I know I am asking a lot. I am an 01 FFL located in Oklahoma, if there is anything I can do in return, just let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

PT138 and PT140 and hoping to add the PT111 and the PT145 by years end to the collection. I have had trouble free operation form all 8 of my Taurus autos, must just be super lucky I guess:)