The Firearms Forum banner

Options to Ruger LCP

Tags
ruger
1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  carver 
#1 ·
What other guns would be comparable to the Ruger LCP? Something that is same in size, caliber and quality?

#6 ·
I'm very interested in picking up a Springfield XDs in .45 ACP soon. That's a sweet gun.
It is a sweet gun and next on my list. If I bought one today, I'd probably go 9mm. I understand an XDs 40 is in the works and I could go that route. I would use an XDs for summer time carry, while my regular carry gun is an XD Sub 40.

When all I can carry is a "pocket" gun I take my LCP. I can shoot anything I put through it (now I reload that round). It does take some practice to handle the long hard trigger.

#13 ·
S&W Shield made me rethink getting a Keltec...and I LIKE Keltecs!
Get your grubby paws on one, if it fits good, you'll have a real winner there :)

#14 ·
I just got my Sig P938, and despite having the stock grips I hate, I took it out for a test fire this week. It's awesome. When I get the proper rubber grips on the thing, it will become my primary carry weapon. My only complaint is that it lacks the second slide stop notch that my Hi-Power has, which makes the HP a lot easier to disassemble and reassemble. Holding the slide in place under compression with one hand, while inserting the slide lock in place with the other takes a little getting used to, but it's workable. The extractor has to be manually depressed to clear the slide while assembling it, too, but that's trivial.

The P938 is a great little 9mm, sweet to shoot and accurate to boot. If you want something smaller, its little sister, the P238 in .380 ACP is a delight, as well.

#15 ·
I have shot my brothers XDS in .45, and I have to say that I like it! Not in the class with the 1911A1's, but still a nice SD hand gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.