The Firearms Forum banner

Orange County homeowner shoots, kills burglar

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  40CalJoe 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/101409_deadly_shooting

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but here is a story from the Orlando area where a man came home to home invaders. I am going to try and post the video along with the article.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orange County homeowner shoots, kills burglar
Updated: Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 6:38 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 6:14 AM EDT

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Orange County Sheriff deputies are investigating the fatal shooting of a burglary suspect. It happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday at a home on Rubens Court in Orange County.

Investigators say Anthony Julien , 50, and Peter Julien, 57, came home and surprised two, or possibly three, burglars inside their home. There was a confrontation between them and the burglars. One of the burglary suspects was shot and killed and another shot and seriously injured. Investigators believe that both Anthony Julien and Peter Julien fired at the intruders.

Investigators say they found one burglary suspect, 17-year-old Brandon Martinez, dead inside the house. Another suspect, 26-year-old Jonathan Rodriguez, was transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center, where he is being treated for at least one gunshot wound. Investigators are trying to determine if a third person was involved in the burglary.

The Orange County Sheriffs Office says it is continuing its investigation and will file a report with the State Attorney who will decide whether the shooting was justified.

No charges have been filed against Anthony Julien and Peter Julien.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here in Orange County, CA, the home owners would be prosecuted and jailed. The ACLU would protect the burglers, help them sue the homeowners. The burglers might end up owning the home!

Uh .. I hate to be this way but check the last names ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.