ordnance technology

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mara, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mara

mara New Member

i just got an Ordnance technology inc ssp 86 357 max. i can't fin any info on. it is is excelant cond. i would love to know more about her and what is she is worth.

Attached Files:

2. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Very cool Mara, thanks for sharing. Someone will be along shortly to give you a rundown!
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

If you research Magnum Research Lone Eagle SSP You may find more information. Perhaps Ordnance Technology was a previous name before Kahr acquired them and changed it to M-R.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. Ken W

Ken W Member

I've never seen one of these before. Kind of looks like something from a sci-fi movie from the 70's.
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Here's some info I found:
    QUOTE "Another example is one that I own, the Lone Eagle from Magnum Research, Incorporated (MRI). Actually, the pistol I own is the SSP-86 (Single-Shot Pistol, 1986) from Ordnance Technology in Stetson, Maine. Who, you say? Well, the reason you probably don't know anything about Ordnance Technology, nor about the SSP-86, is because neither one exists anymore. MRI bought all the rights to the gun, and first made it (incorporating some changes) as the SSP-91, then later changed the name to its current designation as the Lone Eagle. Rather than tell people "I've got an SSP-86 from Ordnance Technology" and then have to go through the whole history of the gun when they invariably say "You've got a what?" -- I just say I have a Lone Eagle pistol and let it go at that. Then if they ask more questions with some genuine interest, I generally go into more detail about the weapon. My pistol is chambered in .35 Remington, a rather robust cartridge that is probably more familiar to riflemen who hunt deer with the lever-action Marlin 336C rifle. With my own handloads, using moly-coated Hornady 180-grain SSP bullets, my pistol (topped with a Bushnell Trophy 2-6x scope) will reliably shoot sub-MOA at 100 yards. As it is currently offered from MRI, the Lone Eagle is available in several chamberings that include the .308 Winchester, .444 Marlin, and .30-06 Springfield.
    http://www.snipercountry.com/articles/fhg09_sniperpistol.asp
    "