1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ordnance technology

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mara, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mara

mara New Member

i just got an Ordnance technology inc ssp 86 357 max. i can't fin any info on. it is is excelant cond. i would love to know more about her and what is she is worth.

Attached Files:

2. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Very cool Mara, thanks for sharing. Someone will be along shortly to give you a rundown!
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

If you research Magnum Research Lone Eagle SSP You may find more information. Perhaps Ordnance Technology was a previous name before Kahr acquired them and changed it to M-R.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. Ken W

Ken W Member

I've never seen one of these before. Kind of looks like something from a sci-fi movie from the 70's.
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Here's some info I found:
    QUOTE "Another example is one that I own, the Lone Eagle from Magnum Research, Incorporated (MRI). Actually, the pistol I own is the SSP-86 (Single-Shot Pistol, 1986) from Ordnance Technology in Stetson, Maine. Who, you say? Well, the reason you probably don't know anything about Ordnance Technology, nor about the SSP-86, is because neither one exists anymore. MRI bought all the rights to the gun, and first made it (incorporating some changes) as the SSP-91, then later changed the name to its current designation as the Lone Eagle. Rather than tell people "I've got an SSP-86 from Ordnance Technology" and then have to go through the whole history of the gun when they invariably say "You've got a what?" -- I just say I have a Lone Eagle pistol and let it go at that. Then if they ask more questions with some genuine interest, I generally go into more detail about the weapon. My pistol is chambered in .35 Remington, a rather robust cartridge that is probably more familiar to riflemen who hunt deer with the lever-action Marlin 336C rifle. With my own handloads, using moly-coated Hornady 180-grain SSP bullets, my pistol (topped with a Bushnell Trophy 2-6x scope) will reliably shoot sub-MOA at 100 yards. As it is currently offered from MRI, the Lone Eagle is available in several chamberings that include the .308 Winchester, .444 Marlin, and .30-06 Springfield.
    http://www.snipercountry.com/articles/fhg09_sniperpistol.asp
    "