1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

original J.G.A. karabiner 9mm glatt can anyone tell me about it

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by jonny5.0, Oct 22, 2003.

1. jonny5.0

jonny5.0 New Member

I have a origal JGA karabiner I think it was my Grampas It says caliber 9mm glatt I have searched the web for info but cant find any thing. It is a rimfire bolt action single shot . It is complete except for the ejector which got lost. I was wondering about parts ammo year anything anyone has to offer would be apprieciated
  2. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

You might try Numrich arms...they have a lot of older parts. Since it is a rimfire, your local gunsmith should be able to make a new ejector. As far as the ammo...I have not heard of it, but the old western scrounger would probably have it. I dont have the exact websites handy but both Numrich and Old western scrounger can be found with your search engine. Hope this helps.

swede
  3. warpig

warpig Guest

You should be able to find those links by poking around in our LINKS forum also:)
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You also might want to look at this page. Very interesting!

JGA Karabiner

How about posting some pics of yours. Particularly look at the Belgian model!
  5. Anschutz (JGA) made many different models of these Karabiners for indoor training purposes. Many in .22 rimfire, some in other calibers.

'Glatt' translates to 'oily' or 'lubricated', similar to our older designation of '.22LR Outside-Lubricated.'

In all probability, your rifle is chambered for the standard 9mm European rimfire which is still commercially loaded by Fiocchi. Have a chamber cast made to be sure.
  6. Marlin22

Marlin22 New Member

I have one of these rifles ,its a kids gun , its very short but its 6mm.. not 9mm it fires 22 rimfire I'm going to sell it ,does anyone know the value ?
  7. Paul de Leon

Paul de Leon New Member

I'm having a hard time finding cal. 9 mm long rim fire shot catridges can anyone help me Paul
  8. tsweller

tsweller New Member

Hello from Germany.

I think "glatt" means not rifled, normally used for 9mm shot (9mmFlobert Doppelschrot)

greets
    Thomas