Ornate Austrian Gasser Revolver - Anyone Know What it is?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by juthale, Dec 9, 2012.

1. juthale

juthale New Member

Hi. New member and first time poster.

I was recently shown an antique Gasser revolver and may have an opportunity to purchase it. Despite a great deal of searching, I cannot find any information about this particular gun anywhere I looked. If you have any information on this revolver, or if you can point me to a good source, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. rhmc24

rhmc24 Member

There's a lot of info about Gasser revolvers on google & wikipedia.
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  4. juthale

juthale New Member

Thanks Hrf. Great info. I see I will need to go back and take a close look at the makers mark to really know what this gun is. Interesting that they were made both by their namesake as well as by many non-Gasser gunmakers. I'll dig some more and let you know what I find. Thanks very much for the info!
  5. rhmc24

rhmc24 Member

A semi-historical Gasser item - back in the 1960s a big gun dealer Walter Craig in Alabama was offering various war relic gun imports with full page ads in Shotgun News. I bought a batch of Gassers, huge maybe .50 cal, in sad condition for $6 apiece. On visit here in OK I welded them up to be inoperative, put them on wood plaques and later sold them around NY at flea markets. Some were pretty good, wish I had kept a couple of them.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012