The Firearms Forum banner

ORTGIES& Co- ERFURT RFV 2095

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tim McCloskey 
#1 · (Edited)
Please let me know if I can determine the manufacture date of this gun based on it' serial number or other markings. It's an Ortgies RFV 2095 which I understand had something to do with the Reich Finance or Federal Finanve Administration. It's the model with Ivory grips and button safety on left side.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Riechfinazverwaltung ( RFV ) Federal Finance Administration. They were the only German government agency to use the Ortgies. The 2095 is more than likely the "Rack " or issue number. They were used by their version of " Bank Guards ". A very well made gun with several flaws which causes it unsafe to be carried with a round in the chamber. Your Mother of Pearl grips are not original to your gun, they are an after market item. Since yours was used by the German Government it is probably a GI bring back. I know of no data base that has the information you seek, however the Ortgies were manufactured in the 1930's.

#4 · (Edited)
What the hell IS that thing?

Grips held on with a SCREW?

And what appears to be a safety above the L/H grip?

I got a couple of Ortgies. They ain't made like that.

#5 ·
Alpo,don't know, mine also don't have a screw, maybe because they are after market??, also some of the 32s did gave a another safety other than the takedown/safety button:) I'm not going to dig my out to see if the screw would interfere with the magazine. Bill, I know they are not real MOP, I was just trying to get the gentleman pass the Ivory thing;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.