The Firearms Forum banner

Ortgies Model I .22LR Rifle

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sarge756 
#1 ·
cloudjockey
(4/1/02 9:25:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just wodering if anyone knows any thing about an Ortgies single shot .22 rifle. All this rifle has on it is "Mod I" and the words "DEUTSCHE WERKE - WERK ERFURT", german I guess. Its kinda strange to load, it has a top that flips up then you can load a single shot. It was my grandpa's rifle so I guess it to be maybe 80 yar old. Any help would be great.

Edited by: cloudjockey at: 4/1/02 9:52:09 pm

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(4/2/02 1:05:19 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome cloudjockey, I can't help you with your single shot but there is probably someone who will come along and educate us

What do you fly?

Or maybe you are a priest?

cloudjockey
(4/2/02 6:51:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
Hey thanks for the reply. Right now I instruct in mainly c152 and c172, I hope to start flying DC-3's soon. Do you fly?

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(4/2/02 9:53:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
Relatively unknown in the US. Not knowing the condition of the rifle, this is a REAL rough estimate, but somewhere around $200 sounds about right.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I have one just like you described. It is a very accurate rifle. My grandfather brought it with him from Germany (1800's?). My father is 87 and he shot it when he was a kid, so It has got to be close to 100 years old. I can't seem to find any info. on it anywhere. The only thing I have found is info. on the Ortgies pocket pistols.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.