1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ortgies Model I .22LR Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

cloudjockey
    (4/1/02 9:25:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just wodering if anyone knows any thing about an Ortgies single shot .22 rifle. All this rifle has on it is "Mod I" and the words "DEUTSCHE WERKE - WERK ERFURT", german I guess. Its kinda strange to load, it has a top that flips up then you can load a single shot. It was my grandpa's rifle so I guess it to be maybe 80 yar old. Any help would be great.

Edited by: cloudjockey at: 4/1/02 9:52:09 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/2/02 1:05:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome cloudjockey, I can't help you with your single shot but there is probably someone who will come along and educate us

What do you fly?

Or maybe you are a priest?

cloudjockey
    (4/2/02 6:51:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
    Hey thanks for the reply. Right now I instruct in mainly c152 and c172, I hope to start flying DC-3's soon. Do you fly?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/2/02 9:53:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ortgies single shot .22 rifle
    Relatively unknown in the US. Not knowing the condition of the rifle, this is a REAL rough estimate, but somewhere around $200 sounds about right.
  2. singleshot

singleshot New Member

Hi, I have one just like you described. It is a very accurate rifle. My grandfather brought it with him from Germany (1800's?). My father is 87 and he shot it when he was a kid, so It has got to be close to 100 years old. I can't seem to find any info. on it anywhere. The only thing I have found is info. on the Ortgies pocket pistols.
  3. Sarge756

Sarge756 New Member

Country Gunsmith,
    Go to Ortgies.net and I think you will find evrything you are looking for on your rifle.
    Joe